It’s time...give Archie Miller a Raise!!!

Because...well let’s be honest...both thread titles are as dumb as can be. So why not??

Its embarrassing the first thing people read coming onto the basketball forum is a fire so and so thread. Can’t we just sticky an Archie Miller thread to the top as a catch all for complaints, compliments, and inquiries?

The original poster from that thread has notably not posted since prior to yesterday’s game....

I actually sort of like your idea of a sticky topic. My personal feelings on the matter is that conversations about coaches job security really are best left for the post season unless there is a monumental collapse. Otherwise everything vacillates wildly after both wins and losses.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

The topic is not dumb we have underperformed preseason expectations every single year under Archie. One big win doesn’t change that. If Archie can sustain the play. Then that topic will no longer have a place 

It’s just dumb to have that be a topic. Just give Archie his own thread. A catch all so people can go back and forth because basically people are week to week reacting and posting threads that change moment to moment. Personally I think it looks bad for a visitor to come to the board and just by thread titles alone see such negativity surrounding the program. Let them at least dive into a thread that has the back and forth before having an opinion made up on the website based on those that start a topic. We all know typically the most outspoken people are the ones that are upset...why do they get to drive the narrative of the website. At least with a neutral topic title for something like our coach and his performance someone can first read what is being said by all posters before deciding the status of the program then having a narrative be forced out there by one person (the original poster). Just my two cents.

27 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It’s just dumb to have that be a topic. Just give Archie his own thread. A catch all so people can go back and forth because basically people are week to week reacting and posting threads that change moment to moment. Personally I think it looks bad for a visitor to come to the board and just by thread titles alone see such negativity surrounding the program. Let them at least dive into a thread that has the back and forth before having an opinion made up on the website based on those that start a topic. We all know typically the most outspoken people are the ones that are upset...why do they get to drive the narrative of the website. At least with a neutral topic title for something like our coach and his performance someone can first read what is being said by all posters before deciding the status of the program then having a narrative be forced out there by one person (the original poster). Just my two cents.

So your solution to what you describe as an overly specific thread rather than a generic catch all is to create another over specific joke thread that is really just complaining about that thread. lol. That’s like turning the sink on when your basement is flooding 

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

So your solution to what you describe as an overly specific thread rather than a generic catch all is to create another over specific joke thread that is really just complaining about that thread. lol. That’s like turning the sink on when your basement is flooding 

Yes I wanted to draw attention to the problem in the most annoyingly obvious way I could. Posting in the thread would just get lost and I thought if I drummed up enough support maybe a mod might think it was a good idea too and just merge all the Archie topics into one catch all that doesn’t protray the program in such a negative light. Probably won’t work but I can say i tried...and I can also say given the bipolar fandom of many of our fans might also fit our season lol! 😆

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

Because...well let’s be honest...both thread titles are as dumb as can be. So why not??

Its embarrassing the first thing people read coming onto the basketball forum is a fire so and so thread. Can’t we just sticky an Archie Miller thread to the top as a catch all for complaints, compliments, and inquiries?

I've been asking for a week or three. If people want to dump on Archie and IU....cool. Just keep it in one place and let the plebs talk amongst themselves.

Archived