Rutgers pre game

I’m looking forward to seeing if we can build on the momentum of Thursday night. It’s a great opportunity there for the taking. Even before the Iowa game, I had this one penciled in as a win. I do think Rutgers is dangerous though in spite of their recent skid. 

What I’m really excited about with this game is the opportunity to get above 0.500 in B1G play. I’ve not exactly hidden the fact that reaching at least 0.500 is, in my mind, a big deal this year. Here’s our chance to get over that hump. As unsure of things as I have been, that possibility really gets me fired up. 

Just get the win and keep this going. I don’t care if it’s pretty, ugly, or somewhere in between. Get on the good side of 0.500 in the B1G. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would imagine this will be the Rutgers lineup, and our matchup...

Harper-Armaan 

Young-Rob 

Mathis-Race

Baker-Al 

Johnson-TJD 

I don't think Arch puts Race on Harper, but I guess he could. He's the guy that can really kill you if you let him get going.

I've watched a lot of the Scarlett Knights games, and they were playing well early in the year, but I think there's a struggle as to who the real leader is. Harper is the most effective as the "go to guy" but it seems to me 3 other players want their shots at the sacrifice of the team.

And they're nothing special defensively...

I watched Rutgers play when they were playing well and I thought they were very impressive.  Clearly they have not been impressive as of late.  Has to be chemistry issues because there's a lot of talent there.  I look at this as an important win if we're looking at .500 in the conference, but would think it could definitely go either way.  I like we seem to be trending up and them trending down.  Very curious to see how we look.  I'm not setting myself up and thinking all of our problems are suddenly solved.  

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

After this game, we also have a 6 day break before Michigan 

Yep important to win this then really focus on prep for Michigan. The long prep time really paid off for us against Iowa who knows maybe lightning will strike twice. 

Despite the ranking I think Michigan is better than Iowa and very complete.  Gotta shoot better from the line if we hope to beat them 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep important to win this then really focus on prep for Michigan. The long prep time really paid off for us against Iowa who knows maybe lightning will strike twice. 

Despite the ranking I think Michigan is better than Iowa and very complete.  Gotta shoot better from the line if we hope to beat them 

UM will be such a tough matchup due to their height advantage 

I just hope Harper and Rutgers found something in the second half last night. Harper and Rutgers were not playing well lately but it appeared they started to click in the last 12 minutes last night.

To me this is a must win because we need to build off of last night and build some momentum.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just hope Harper and Rutgers found something in the second half last night. Harper and Rutgers were not playing well lately but it appeared they started to click in the last 12 minutes last night.

To me this is a must win because we need to build off of last night and build some momentum.

I agree, it’s a must win game, since we play Michigan right after

This is probably wishful thinking because Rutgers is still a very talented team despite their recent struggles but I would love to see a big enough win to get Lander/Geronimo 10+ minutes each. Been a while since Lander has gotten extended run and I think he played his best game against Iowa all things considered.

2 hours ago, madmax said:

This is probably wishful thinking because Rutgers is still a very talented team despite their recent struggles but I would love to see a big enough win to get Lander/Geronimo 10+ minutes each. Been a while since Lander has gotten extended run and I think he played his best game against Iowa all things considered.

Yes, that would be great.  The shortened pre-season has hurt our freshmen.

Archived