Rutgers pre game

5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

That's my pessimistic attitude.  I thought we had no chance vs Iowa, but feel like we should win this one.  Would hate for them to cancel each other out.  I have a good feeling about this one which is very strange for me.  

Haha I know what you mean. I’m cautiously optimistic but still nervous about this one. I want our guys to play well.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Trey is out for today’s game FYI. Not sure if that’s been noted yet.

Galloway, Brunk, and McRoberts have all had back issues under Miller. Phinisee had a lower abdominal injury. These are all injuries that can be caused by bad form when lifting. Clif Marshall is supposed to be top notch but that is 4 injuries in 4 years that may have been due to their lifting. 

Of course, that's just speculation since we have no idea when these injuries happened but I don't recall seeing so many back and lower abdominal injuries all so close together. Crean seemed to always be dealing with one and lower leg injuries. Now with Miller it's these. It's kind of worrying.

A win today will allow us the enter the month of February over 0.500 in the B1G for the first time since 15-16.  We finished 0.500 in 17-18 and we made it to 0.500 on 2/23 last year before slipping under that mark to finish the year. I acknowledge this is my dead horse I beat, but I really want to see us get on that + side of 0.500. Today can get us there later than we have been in a season for a awhile. Let’s do that and then go from there. 

6 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I hope we see a solid 7-10 minutes of Geronimo today. I think he’d be a good defensive matchup against Rutgers. 

Don't get me wrong, loved Geronimo's play last game, but...

He was defending the post, and while he did a great job, I'm not quite as trusting of his D guarding guys off the dribble or on the perimeter...

Archived