Michigan

15 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I absolutely agree. 

Why do you think if we have no games for weeks is good? We rested for Iowa we have to get in some  sort of  go Each side of the ball? S. orry guys but I want IU to take all we we had 2ND half at IOWA to be what our team is about! Wear down your foe!!  We have a deep bench if CAM will play them Iowa was a good test  and the kids did well Let the KIDS PLAY !!B Just an ol mans thoughts

'

3 minutes ago, loviubb said:

Why do you think if we have no games for weeks is good? We rested for Iowa we have to get in some  sort of  go Each side of the ball?

We have a REALLY tough stretch coming up; removing the hardest game in that stretch and giving us more time to prepare for a REALLY tough game is likely to be good for this team. 

I'd say our odds of getting illinois just went up and we could be looking at a little win streak. We also have a lack of depth down low so we can use the rest and since we had a shortened non-con so this time can be really beneficial to the freshman and a guy like Parker Stewart. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

We have a REALLY tough stretch coming up; removing the hardest game in that stretch and giving us more time to prepare for a REALLY tough game is likely to be good for this team. 

I'd say our odds of getting illinois just went up and we could be looking at a little win streak. We also have a lack of depth down low so we can use the rest and since we had a shortened non-con so this time can be really beneficial to the freshman and a guy like Parker Stewart. 

I am liking your thoughts but when you are playing well keep it going? I am not saying your thoughts bad   but when you sit to long and a young team it can leave  us somewhat short! With Brunk out we are weak up top . Geroimino! spelling is still raw and has now been seen Can  we have enough  to see that thay need the repts

34 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Haven’t looked at the schedules but maybe the MSU game can slide into that week to replace the Michigan game. 

MSU plays Thursday and next Sunday.   So I doubt either school would want to squeeze in a Tuesday game.

With so many missed conference games the B1G might be better off passing on the B1G tournament and just filling the week with makeup games.  🤷‍♂️

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 hour ago, Indy1987 said:

MSU plays Thursday and next Sunday.   So I doubt either school would want to squeeze in a Tuesday game.

With so many missed conference games the B1G might be better off passing on the B1G tournament and just filling the week with makeup games.  🤷‍♂️

Go Hoosiers!!!

Being an IU fan, and knowing how this tournament has historically been the equivalent to a swift kick in the marbles, this is an excellent idea. 

Go Hoosiers!!!

The B1G already scheduled Penn State to play 4 games in 8 days.  It may be what is required to get all teams to play 20 games.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Or instead of make up games, make the tourney double elimination so you are guaranteed 2 games.  

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

There’s also been some loose chatter that Brunk may not be ruled out for the season. I’m not holding my breath on that, and still think he is, but there is some chatter and any extra time we get for rest in this gauntlet of a B1G is good in my book 

59 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

There’s also been some loose chatter that Brunk may not be ruled out for the season. I’m not holding my breath on that, and still think he is, but there is some chatter and any extra time we get for rest in this gauntlet of a B1G is good in my book 

Would REALLY like to see this.  

8 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Saw this just now. May have been some influence from outside the University?

Michigan said it was worked diligently within state and Big Ten guidelines, but the state's HHS department is mandating a more aggressive strategy for the new variant.

Interesting. I don't want to derail this thread with Covid talk, but I do hope the new variant doesn't derail this basketball season like last season was. 

9 hours ago, loviubb said:

Why do you think if we have no games for weeks is good? We rested for Iowa we have to get in some  sort of  go Each side of the ball? S. orry guys but I want IU to take all we we had 2ND half at IOWA to be what our team is about! Wear down your foe!!  We have a deep bench if CAM will play them Iowa was a good test  and the kids did well Let the KIDS PLAY !!B Just an ol mans thoughts

'

Plenty of time to spend shooting free throws...and more free throws... followed by free throws.  "Okay guys...let's finish up with free throws...1000 each.  Let's go!"    😠

12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Interesting. I don't want to derail this thread with Covid talk, but I do hope the new variant doesn't derail this basketball season like last season was. 

I’m shocked that Athletes haven’t been able to get the vaccine yet. Not saying it’s right but I’m shocked it hasn’t happened yet 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m shocked that Athletes haven’t been able to get the vaccine yet. Not saying it’s right but I’m shocked it hasn’t happened yet 

Clay Travis posted some stats about college kids and athletes.  

At the time he made this claim, roughly early December if I remember right.  40000 college kids on campus had tested positive.  2 were hospitalized.  Zero fatalities.  

I would dare say and will get attacked for thinking like this, but the kids don't need the vaccine.  I'm willing to hear arguments on why they would.  As of my research two days ago, Pfizer and Moderna still could not say that those vaccinated would not spread.  

Archived