The Maturity of Khristian Lander

IUFLA

The kid came in today, and had a pretty good game. He didn't try to force anything, hit a couple of nice 3s, and played passable defense for the most part. 

Baker tried to get in his ear (and got a taunting tech for his trouble) but it didn't seem to phase the kid. 

I was excited by what I saw from him today. He's got a very bright future ag IU.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

The kid came in today, and had a pretty good game. He didn't try to force anything, hit a couple of nice 3s, and played passable defense for the most part. 

Baker tried to get in his ear (and got a taunting tech for his trouble) but it didn't seem to phase the kid. 

I was excited by what I saw from him today. He's got a very bright future ag IU.

One of very few bright spots today.  If everyone stays you have to be a little interested to see what these freshman can be as upperclassman.

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He didn’t seem rattled and in fact it seemed to slow down his shot release which resulted in two made threes. Maybe some real competition will ignite him. 

Just now, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

He didn’t seem rattled and in fact it seemed to slow down his shot release which resulted in two made threes. Maybe some real competition will ignite him. 

That's an excellent point. Just thinking back to the 2 he drained, you're right.

His ball handling skill is apparent. He's got the physical tools to be good on both sides of the ball. And I truly think Archie has used him just right to this point.

You want these kids to be hungry, and I think CAM is doing just that.

And I think it won't be too awful long before we see them out there at crunch time

Just now, IUFLA said:

That's an excellent point. Just thinking back to the 2 he drained, you're right.

His ball handling skill is apparent. He's got the physical tools to be good on both sides of the ball. And I truly think Archie has used him just right to this point.

And I think it won't be too awful long before we see them out there at crunch time

I hope that Lander improves and see more minutes the rest f this season.  What I hope for that by the start of next year he will improve enough to pass RP and start at PG.  I am to the point I am ready to go with more minutes to the younger players like Lander and Geronimo.  I like Leal when he is aggressive with his shot and don't hesitate but that comes inconsistently. 

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Early on he was forcing offense especially when not being pressured. The last two games in spot minutes he has let the game flow to him while playing under control. I’m hoping the coach will start extending the leash a bit. What do we really have to lose other than him transferring. We are already losing games we should win. 

23 minutes ago, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

Early on he was forcing offense especially when not being pressured. The last two games in spot minutes he has let the game flow to him while playing under control. I’m hoping the coach will start extending the leash a bit. What do we really have to lose other than him transferring. We are already losing games we should win. 

I said in another thread, we can't abandon the upperclassmen because the kids look to them for leadership...

But the youngsters getting more of a share is coming closer all the time...

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I also noticed his increased confidence the few minutes he was in there. I told my father in law after that 1st shot went down today the next one is gonna seem easier....then he drained a three. Again, I love listening to Don Fisher and Eric Suhr after games for their boldly honest analysis of the game. However, Coach Miller took a lot longer to come to the mic than usual, so I suspect the locker room was talk was not fun. Something that really stood out to me from the post game interview was one of his comments. He as disappointed for the team and not at the team. He praised the minutes of the freshman, including their efforts. Though today’s results were super frustrating, he did not get get the effort he wanted, at some point the players are responsible for their own effort. I think they may have been on high after beating #4 Iowa and expecting to roll Rutgers. 

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I hope that Lander improves and see more minutes the rest f this season.  What I hope for that by the start of next year he will improve enough to pass RP and start at PG.  I am to the point I am ready to go with more minutes to the younger players like Lander and Geronimo.  I like Leal when he is aggressive with his shot and don't hesitate but that comes inconsistently. 

My prediction...sadly is Rob or Khristian won’t be back next year. Hate to say it but those two are the most logical to transfer out...and Archie has had at least 1 transfer every year...sometimes 2.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

My prediction...sadly is Rob or Khristian won’t be back next year. Hate to say it but those two are the most logical to transfer out...and Archie has had at least 1 transfer every year...sometimes 2.

What in the world makes you say that?

Rob is not going to transfer as a senior. Khristian has no reason to as well.

Personally, I think the 3 least likely to be on the team next year are Al, Joey, and Trayce, in that order...

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

What in the world makes you say that?

Rob is not going to transfer as a senior. Khristian has no reason to as well.

Personally, I think the 3 least likely to be on the team next year are Al, Joey, and Trayce, in that order...

Yeah...none of our seniors ever transfer 🙄

Its my opinion because it’s my opinion. Based on what I’m seeing on the court and on the sideline with those guys and the fact Archie has transfers every year here. Hope I’m wrong.

Archived