The Maturity of Khristian Lander

IUFLA

8 hours ago, IUFLA said:

That's the thing though...He really HASN'T gotten a lot of time...he didn't join the team until the 2nd semester (he graduated high school mid semester of his senior year) and is only averaging 6 minutes per game...

So he's getting brought along even more slowly that Khristian, even though OSU has an excellent team around him...

100% get what you mean, idk I just feel like when I see Kristian play he just doesn't seem have any confidence, but its hard to get any when you play 5 mins. each game

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, mkaser said:

100% get what you mean, idk I just feel like when I see Kristian play he just doesn't seem have any confidence, but its hard to get any when you play 5 mins. each game

The last 9 games he's at about 14 minutes per game.

I think people want 15 points and 7 assists a night from this kid right now. 

It ain't going to happen...we need him to handle the ball, make good decisions, not turn it over, run the offense and play good D...

That's it...in the future we should all expect more, but for right now, improving is what we want...

1 hour ago, mkaser said:

I never watched Lander in HS, all I know is that he was the top pg in his class and well respected.  My thought was he would be more like Teague this year.  So, my question is...to go along with what you are saying...he seems to play slow in transition.  Half court, he is quick with the ball.  What is his speed like rim to rim? Is the style slowing him down, or is that not one of his strengths? Wondering as I don't know.  And, I will say, this kid is cat quick with cross over and a rip.  He has passing ability like a QB and with more timing with the first unit can be special.  Strength this offseason is huge!  

4 hours ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

I never watched Lander in HS, all I know is that he was the top pg in his class and well respected.  My thought was he would be more like Teague this year.  So, my question is...to go along with what you are saying...he seems to play slow in transition.  Half court, he is quick with the ball.  What is his speed like rim to rim? Is the style slowing him down, or is that not one of his strengths? Wondering as I don't know.  And, I will say, this kid is cat quick with cross over and a rip.  He has passing ability like a QB and with more timing with the first unit can be special.  Strength this offseason is huge!  

Didnt see any of his games, but saw some highlights during the news and kept up loosely with the team because there was a hometown connection with the parents of another kid he played with.

I think Lander is the square peg to our round hole.  I think his speed and ability to run the break are his biggest strengths.  To use an old school analogy....Lander is the paper boy trying to go fast and deliver and CAM's current offensive philosophy is the tornado knocking him off his bike.

Archived