Player Updates

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 68Hoosier said:

I was hoping someone would have some updates.

1. Galloway - Is he doing ok and ready to come back yet?

2. Brunk - Heard he is still possible to be back this year?

3. Stewart - Is he going to play this year?

4. Franklin - Adding this one in because of the ankle now.

The U keeps its injury situation and player availability close to the vest. Doubt will have clear updates on anyone outside of AF -- he played despite the ankle tweak, and with the extended time off before our next game no real reason, imo, to doubt he'll play. Tend to think Galloway will be back, but that's just reading tea leaves. Stewart has been on the bench, dressed, so seems there is potential for him to play, but who knows. On Brunk, there's been some chatter he is not ruled out for the season, but he hasn't played, hasn't practiced as far as I know, and had back surgery. The chances of him playing, imo, are really low.

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The U keeps its injury situation and player availability close to the vest. Doubt will have clear updates on anyone outside of AF -- he played despite the ankle tweak, and with the extended time off before our next game no real reason, imo, to doubt he'll play. Tend to think Galloway will be back, but that's just reading tea leaves. Stewart has been on the bench, dressed, so seems there is potential for him to play, but who knows. On Brunk, there's been some chatter he is not ruled out for the season, but he hasn't played, hasn't practiced as far as I know, and had back surgery. The chances of him playing, imo, are really low.

Against Rutgers it looked like Stewart was wearing a red IU pullover and black pants.  

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Much prefer to see him shooting 3s on the court then “in the lab”....smh

#moregymlesslab

I wonder if anybody here at the HS level played a game we called "Hamburger" in my day?  Two players line-up and the coach rolls a basketball out on the floor.  The 2 players goal is to retrieve the ball by any means necessary.  

1 hour ago, rico said:

I wonder if anybody here at the HS level played a game we called "Hamburger" in my day?  Two players line-up and the coach rolls a basketball out on the floor.  The 2 players goal is to retrieve the ball by any means necessary.  

Lol...we did that at our school until I believe a kid broke his collarbone lol

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I remember having the ball at mid court with one person on one end line and another at the other end line.  You had to race to mid court to see who would get the ball.  

You sure you weren’t on the dodge ball team scott??? Might explain why some of us don’t get your opinions Lol. 😂

1 hour ago, rico said:

Actually had my daughters 3rd and 4th grade teams do this.  Surprised I didn’t get in trouble.  Told them this is how you learn to be aggressive.  They survived

2 hours ago, rico said:

Oh sure -- except for the "any means" part. My son's teams (middle school, high school and AAU) all ran it, and I ran it when I coached (off and on) for junior high. No fouling but dive on the floor etc. to get it.

Archived