Luke McCaffrey-Nebraska

rico

Thanks for pointing that out.  It’s amazing how athletic that family has been that far back.  Here is an article on the grandfather upon his passing.  It’s illuminating for anyone interested. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/dave-sime-worlds-fastest-man-whose-fame-was-slowed-by-misfortune/2016/01/17/a0f869de-bcb1-11e5-829c-26ffb874a18d_story.html

6 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Thanks for pointing that out.  It’s amazing how athletic that family has been that far back.  Here is an article on the grandfather upon his passing.  It’s illuminating for anyone interested. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/dave-sime-worlds-fastest-man-whose-fame-was-slowed-by-misfortune/2016/01/17/a0f869de-bcb1-11e5-829c-26ffb874a18d_story.html

Great article Bob.  I enjoyed it immensely. 

I read that McCaffrey wants to continue playing QB.  I feel like that will really limit where he'll be able to go.  I know he was only a redshirt freshman, but I wasn't impressed in the games I watched him.  I think he could be a good RB or WR, and maybe he could come in and run the wildcat with a throwing option.  Kind of like Rutgers did to Purdue this year.  Not sure if he'll have a lot of suitors from big schools who want him to play QB.

21 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I read that McCaffrey wants to continue playing QB.  I feel like that will really limit where he'll be able to go.  I know he was only a redshirt freshman, but I wasn't impressed in the games I watched him.  I think he could be a good RB or WR, and maybe he could come in and run the wildcat with a throwing option.  Kind of like Rutgers did to Purdue this year.  Not sure if he'll have a lot of suitors from big schools who want him to play QB.

Maybe, just maybe, Frost can't coach QB's?

Just now, Leathernecks said:

I do agree that he probably isn't a good QB coach, but I didn't see many of the skills needed to be a P5 QB.  McCaffrey was really bad throwing the ball.

I do agree with ya.  I don't see him being a QB at a Power 5 school.  Better suited for what you said....which I think he would be a helluva RB/End.

Archived