It is time to change things things up.

rico

On the site that is to stop the incessant beaching and thread overlaps that bring up more incessant ragging.

How about we limit bitching from game time to 1 day after the final horn sounds in said game?

How about we have an "official" pre-game thread that starts the morning of a game and then is locked down by the mods once the opening tip happens?  This is to prevent incessant beaching and ragging before the game even starts.  Personnally, I disdain beaching and ragging before it is called for.

Maybe we should put a limit to how many incessant beaching and ragging threads we have going at one time?  Too many threads=incessant confusion and memory loss.

Just a few thoughts.  But feel free to suggest your own...  But I don't want any incessant beaching or ragging in the suggestions.(We may need to start a separate forum/thread for these.)

Thanks for your time and carry on...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not joking, this is the best board there is.  Others are just brutally negative.  

Not saying any of your suggestions aren’t warranted, just know this is the best free message board out there.  Most of the people here can carry on a normal conversation. 

10 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

You started a new thread . . . to complain and beach . . . about too many new threads . . . that complain and beach.

Ha, just having fun, Rico!  We got 10 inches of snow here last night, and the ice fishing is great. 

You got a Guesthouse?  LOL

18 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I’m down for a good ole suggestion thread. Formalizing pre/game/post threads makes sense. We can wrap up a MVP poll in the post game thread. 

what else?

How about 1.....just 1 Coach Archie Miller thread?

1 hour ago, rico said:

On the site that is to stop the incessant beaching and thread overlaps that bring up more incessant ragging.

How about we limit bitching from game time to 1 day after the final horn sounds in said game?

How about we have an "official" pre-game thread that starts the morning of a game and then is locked down by the mods once the opening tip happens?  This is to prevent incessant beaching and ragging before the game even starts.  Personnally, I disdain beaching and ragging before it is called for.

Maybe we should put a limit to how many incessant beaching and ragging threads we have going at one time?  Too many threads=incessant confusion and memory loss.

Just a few thoughts.  But feel free to suggest your own...  But I don't want any incessant beaching or ragging in the suggestions.(We may need to start a separate forum/thread for these.)

Thanks for your time and carry on...

Try the Rivals board.  It's complete sunshine and harmony.

Yeah we’ll talk about this and welcome the suggestions.
Last time I suggested limiting the number of post-game “beach” threads (lol) in one of those threads the usual don’t censor me stuff popped up. But this is about how many such ongoing threads should be going on, it clutters the board and yes it turns a lot of people off. We can always just merge threads but appreciate it if you guys will look at existing threads and consider if another thread is redundant 

I'll say the same thing I've said off and on. Let the folks who want to talk about the demise of the program in 1 thread. Just look at the board right now....6-7 redundant threads. I love this board but starting to turn into Peegs 2004 in the basketball section. Oh well. My choice whether to log in or not. 

The mods here still does a lot better than other sites.  On rivals any time someone has a new thought they open a new thread instead of posting in a thread that is already open.  It was terrible during games because they did not have one game thread but people would just keep opening new threads.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I can't believe people think Oats is ready for this job based on a half year of good play at Alabama

I want to see another year of Oats as well. The one guy that gets mentioned the most is Beard. He seems to have the toughness and grit that the job requires. He also is a pretty good interview from what I’ve heard of him on Cowherd and other shows. I think he fits the program well. Getting him here might be hard but I think you’d get a coach that would satisfy the Knight guard and also understands the current landscape of college coaching and talks a lot about managing his program with transfers. There would be coaches ahead of him but not many.

Archived