It is time to change things things up.

rico

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At specific times, some discussions (whether or not to keep a basketball coach, for example) will appear larger-than-life. It’s such a majestically large discussion and decision that you can work it seamlessly into any conversation. Naturally, it will feel like it takes over the entire board. To some degree, it does. That’s not wrong - that’s befitting a huge, monumental point in the program’s history. 

Good suggestions in here and we will continue to take a look at ways to reduce thread clutter. We err on the side of less moderation than more. We want to gently steer a ship, not sharply turn a car wheel.  We will continue to look at ways to grease the wheels of conversation, though  

14 hours ago, rico said:

On the site that is to stop the incessant beaching and thread overlaps that bring up more incessant ragging.

How about we limit bitching from game time to 1 day after the final horn sounds in said game?

How about we have an "official" pre-game thread that starts the morning of a game and then is locked down by the mods once the opening tip happens?  This is to prevent incessant beaching and ragging before the game even starts.  Personnally, I disdain beaching and ragging before it is called for.

Maybe we should put a limit to how many incessant beaching and ragging threads we have going at one time?  Too many threads=incessant confusion and memory loss.

Just a few thoughts.  But feel free to suggest your own...  But I don't want any incessant beaching or ragging in the suggestions.(We may need to start a separate forum/thread for these.)

Thanks for your time and carry on...

The problem is that we're not focused on the right kind of 'beaching'.

How to Meet a Girl at the Beach in 2020 - BestDate - Tips & Tricks

I’d say the biggest issue in terms of beaching is that you have people who take a position, positive or negative. And then that position takes a life of its own and they love to just stick it to the other side of the argument.  

If it’s a pro Archie guy, IU gets a win and they are emboldened to shout down naysayers and vice versa. Lot of rationalizations either way. 

Too much, look how smart I am, I was right stuff.  If we took all that out of it, I don’t think a fair examination, where certain data points are discussed, would even be beaching.  The reality is that is where we are as a program. It would be disingenuous to pretend otherwise. 

39 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’d say the biggest issue in terms of beaching is that you have people who take a position, positive or negative. And then that position takes a life of its own and they love to just stick it to the other side of the argument.  

If it’s a pro Archie guy, IU gets a win and they are emboldened to shout down naysayers and vice versa. Lot of rationalizations either way. 

Too much, look how smart I am, I was right stuff.  If we took all that out of it, I don’t think a fair examination, where certain data points are discussed, would even be beaching.  The reality is that is where we are as a program. It would be disingenuous to pretend otherwise. 

This is so on point!

If we lose a game we shouldn't, I just stay away from the post game thread. Takes too long to go through 10-15 pages of the same stuff over and over with hardly any of it actually relating to the game. I like the idea of combining redundant threads to remove clutter. 

I guess one thing that confuses me a little is the idea that negative comments are redundant and should be combined or removed, but positive ones aren't?  I mean, it doesn't matter much to me as I don't start many new threads, but it seems like some people post the same positive stuff all the time, and that would also be considered redundant?

Part of it boys and girls. It is in fact a message board. The mods do a great job with the stuff that matters.  

If the program was in a good place right now there would be a whole lot more celebration and sunshine.

As for the ego pumping, also goes with but have noticed more of it lately. To me, it seems as though the presence of CC kept a lot of that in check.

32 minutes ago, Reacher said:

If we lose a game we shouldn't, I just stay away from the post game thread. Takes too long to go through 10-15 pages of the same stuff over and over with hardly any of it actually relating to the game. I like the idea of combining redundant threads to remove clutter. 

What some call redundant could be regurgitation?

giphy.gif

Archived