It is time to change things things up.

rico

7 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Part of it boys and girls. It is in fact a message board. The mods do a great job with the stuff that matters.  

If the program was in a good place right now there would be a whole lot more celebration and sunshine.

As for the ego pumping, also goes with but have noticed more of it lately. To me, it seems as though the presence of CC kept a lot of that in check.

This is the main point to consider.  

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Part of it boys and girls. It is in fact a message board. The mods do a great job with the stuff that matters.  

If the program was in a good place right now there would be a whole lot more celebration and sunshine.

As for the ego pumping, also goes with but have noticed more of it lately. To me, it seems as though the presence of CC kept a lot of that in check.

This board has easily the best moderation I’ve ever seen and I’ve been on boards since the start of the internet lol.  When you look at how smart those guys are, it’s no wonder. 

22 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This board has easily the best moderation I’ve ever seen and I’ve been on boards since the start of the internet lol.  When you look at how smart those guys are, it’s no wonder. 

Yes, the mods do a fine job with their "duties."  Nobody is arguing that.  At some point it is the members' job to "police" themselves.  I mean do we really need 20 threads talking about the same thing?  Or 20 thread topics morphing into the same thing?  To me, that is how decent discussion gets convoluted and confusing.  But I am just one man in candy stripes.

Just now, rico said:

Yes, the mods do a fine job with their "duties."  Nobody is arguing that.  At some point it is the members' job to "police" themselves.  I mean do we really need 20 threads talking about the same thing?  Or 20 thread topics morphing into the same thing?  To me, that is how decent discussion gets convoluted and confusing.  But I am just one man in candy stripes.

I just don't see that.  Maybe I'm too slow, but it doesn't look to me like we have a bunch of the same active threads.  

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If you go through those threads most of them end up about Arche and his job status.

I don't disagree with that, but they aren't started that way, so how would you fix it?  Can't just delete comments any time someone goes that way, right?  Or jut immediately merge that thread?  Just doesn't seem possible or really necessary does it?

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

I don't disagree with that, but they aren't started that way, so how would you fix it?  Can't just delete comments any time someone goes that way, right?  Or jut immediately merge that thread?  Just doesn't seem possible or really necessary does it?

Well maybe people need to stay on topic

I dislike merging threads.  Sure if Poster A starts a thread that says 'Fire Archie' and 10 minutes later Poster B starts a thread that says 'Archie Has to Go', those threads can be merged.  They clearly have the same topic of focus.

But, if a thread titled 'Why Can't We Make Free Throws' ends up creating a discussion on Archie's status, that's natural,  At its base, a different topic, and should be left as such.  

Certainly, it is a lot of redundancy, but it's what's on people's minds the most (I guess).  What else is there to talk about? We all were able to focus on recruiting for several months, but there's really nothing compelling at this time.

IMO, there's no reason to repeat the same opinions over and over.  I look over the threads and think "well, what more is there to add - it's pretty much all been seen and said before".

8 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

What's that ol' saying.  Beggars can't be choosey

Beg your pardon...but I could choose.  

I also am considering starting another thread about starting threads.

And a thread about supporting IU's basketball coach....will start it.

Probably will start a thread about discussing the Illanoy game.

And a thread about the team focus during the first 5 minutes of the game...and one about preparation...and maybe one about churning coaches...and one about...uh let me see that picture again..oh, yes.   That.

PS: No way I will ever go ice fishing.  Lived in Madison WI for 5 years.  I have ice skates and skated on the frozen lakes up there.  Checked out ice fishing and hiking on lakes and skinny skiing and decided to move south.  Got an ice maker.  Don't need to go ice fishing.

16 minutes ago, Air Ball said:

Beg your pardon...but I could choose.  

I also am considering starting another thread about starting threads.

And a thread about supporting IU's basketball coach....will start it.

Probably will start a thread about discussing the Illanoy game.

And a thread about the team focus during the first 5 minutes of the game...and one about preparation...and maybe one about churning coaches...and one about...uh let me see that picture again..oh, yes.   That.

PS: No way I will ever go ice fishing.  Lived in Madison WI for 5 years.  I have ice skates and skated on the frozen lakes up there.  Checked out ice fishing and hiking on lakes and skinny skiing and decided to move south.  Got an ice maker.  Don't need to go ice fishing.

giphy.gif

Archived