Hey mods.  When I use foul language in one of my posts, it just means:

• I'm intelligent
  • I'm honest
  • I'm creative
  • I have a high pain tolerance
  • I'm less likely to punch whomever I disagree with

Says so right here.

5 ways cursing can be good for you - CNN

So, in retrospect, to improve the board, shouldn't we require every post to have a least one curse word?

Just now, 5fouls said:

• I'm intelligent
  • I'm honest
  • I'm creative

Says so right here.

So, in retrospect, to improve the board, shouldn't we require every post to have a least one curse word?

Heck yeah!  F bomb for the win!

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

• I'm intelligent
  • I'm honest
  • I'm creative

Says so right here.

Down here in the South, you can say anything you want about someone as long as you finish with “Bless their heart!”

17 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Ha, I grew up in the 70's-80's, swearing was normal. Just go back and watch the original Bad News Bears -- as in for kids -- that's how we rolled, F it all.

One difference for me is that I never, ever, cursed in front of my parents.  My kids (16 year old son and 14 year old daughter) have no problems dropping f-bombs in front of me and my wife.  At least they haven't got so bad to do it in front of the grandparents yet.  

I can assure you that I won't be sharing that story link with them.  I consistently tell them using foul language is a substitute for bad vocabulary, and here I have this story that contradicts it.   

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

One difference for me is that I never, ever, cursed in front of my parents.  My kids (16 year old son and 14 year old daughter) have no problems dropping f-bombs in front of me and my wife.  At least they haven't got so bad to do it in front of the grandparents yet.  

I can assure you that I won't be sharing that story link with them.  I consistently tell them using foul language is a substitute for bad vocabulary, and here I have this story that contradicts it.   

So ... When I was around 12 or 13 my mom said she'd pay me a dollar on the first day I didn't swear. Took me several weeks to earn a buck. 😁

My kids generally haven't and don't swear in front of us, and they're 17, 20 and 23 now. They've just grown up that way, didn't need much prodding from me. 

My use of profanity is limited to work, wal mart, and while driving. Not particularly proud of it but when in use I can be pretty creative.

For those that have Netflix there is a Netflix series on History of Swear Words.  But you have to be able to tolerate Nicholas Cage and profanity.  

The wife (the grandma)was telling me about how my Grandson (7yr old) is in the dog house with his mom. She walked in on him calling some kid he was gaming with as #$!!@$% !@$%!@$%y and that he was @~!%~ of his !@%!@ @#it..

I replied that it sounded like at least he used those words in the proper context and that I was proud of him..... That's when the fight started. She is so @!#%%~ sensitive.    

12 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

My use of profanity is limited to work, wal mart, and while driving. Not particularly proud of it but when in use I can be pretty creative.

For those that have Netflix there is a Netflix series on History of Swear Words.  But you have to be able to tolerate Nicholas Cage and profanity.  

My wife has always said if it was not for work and driving she would never cuss, I just say that's right dear.😀

Several years ago when my middle son was 11 or 12 years old, he casually let an F-bomb drop at the dinner table.  Immediately all conversation stopped and all eyes turned to him.  Realizing his mistake he quickly changed topic and continued talking, hoping no one would notice.  My wife however was having none of it.  With an intensity that would make any criminal interrogator jealous, the questions began, "Where id you hear that word?"  "Who said THAT?".  Fortunately she was focused on him and didn't see me at the other end of the table, beginning to squirm and sweat profusely.  I knew I was next to catch the heat.  I knew this was somehow going to get pinned on me, but I wasn't even sure when I said it in front of him.  Then, just as I was about to implement the evacuation plan, my oldest son stepped up and said, "Mom, he sits with the high school kids on the bus".  I almost kissed him on the mouth in that moment.  That is the day my oldest son became my favorite.

Archived