Big Ten home court

To me it’s an energy thing...like mindset thing. With the benches everyone is jumping up and down and into the game. Whichever team comes in fully engaged it becomes a home court for them. Sadly too often we come out flat....and that’s a leadership thing...on court and on sideline.

21 hours ago, dgambill said:

To me it’s an energy thing...like mindset thing. With the benches everyone is jumping up and down and into the game. Whichever team comes in fully engaged it becomes a home court for them. Sadly too often we come out flat....and that’s a leadership thing...on court and on sideline.

The benches really do drive the energy in the buildings this year.  

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

The benches really do drive the energy in the buildings this year.  

Yeah I’ve seen some away games where kids come out excited and really cheering and jumping around. It’s the only thing you can hear is their bench. I’m not saying our team isn’t rooting but many nights they just don’t seem engaged.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah I’ve seen some away games where kids come out excited and really cheering and jumping around. It’s the only thing you can hear is their bench. I’m not saying our team isn’t rooting but many nights they just don’t seem engaged.

I don't remember every game, but I specifically remember our bench making a lot of noise at both Iowa and Wisconsin. 

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't remember every game, but I specifically remember our bench making a lot of noise at both Iowa and Wisconsin. 

Away games..coincidentally...are we coming out with the same energy and focus and enthusiasm at home...or are we all comfy and cutting up and relaxed because we are at home? I’ve got no magic bullets for this season but man we are all over the place as a program. Need to tighten up the ship.

17 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Yes.  I'm working with Dustin Dopirak (former Herald Times writer) and he and I have been splitting the duties.  I've been to several home games, Butler, Illinois.

I ask because I wonder if you sense lack of engagement on our bench. Some have mentioned it, but they usually seem very engaged to me.

44 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I ask because I wonder if you sense lack of engagement on our bench. Some have mentioned it, but they usually seem very engaged to me.

Very hard for me to say because I have always been either right next to the opposing bench or far removed from both.  But my sense is IU's bench has been very engaged.

6 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Prior to the Rutgers game Fish said we looked terrible in warm ups and he was afraid it was going to be a long day. No excuse for lack of energy 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear that certain players were out late the night before.  I’m not accusing anyone but with as flat as they were for the noon start, it wouldn’t shock me.  If that were the case, I’d rather not know.  

22 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear that certain players were out late the night before.  I’m not accusing anyone but with as flat as they were for the noon start, it wouldn’t shock me.  If that were the case, I’d rather not know.  

Big win on Thursday and didn't get back to until closing time Friday morning....read about themselves on social for 48 hours followed by an early Sunday tip. Recipe for inconsistency for a team that specializes in inconsistency. 

16 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Thank you, and yes, it really is.  Dustin is really talented.  I hope you guys enjoy his work.

Batman and Robin!  Lol

Seriously,  you do great stuff mike, and have been very loyal to HSN. It's a great friendship we do not take for granted. 

Remember us as you become all big time and stuff.  🍻

Archived