Matt Cross-Transfer

Hoosierfan1901

13 minutes ago, Andrew said:

All the miamis fans are calling him their best shooter. Would love to get him. 

I'll take him in a second. Larranaga tries to run a tight ship but nothing has leaked out on this one at all. Most if not all fans are saying what is the problem with coach and why is he not playing their best shooter.

If I were betting a confident kid said something and old school coach didn't like it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know that you could identify a kid who could fall out of the sky and fill our needs better than Cross.  And Archie loved him during the recruitment. 

Of course, the reason for his separation from the U is not public.  I linked an article from Miami from this afternoon that brings us up to date on his career. Bottom line, Coach Larranga didn’t play him the last game even though they had a short bench.  Could be a personality clash.  We can speculate until we are blue in the face.  Archie can find out though.  If he pushes forward, then we will know he’s comfortable with whatever it was.  

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article248839044.html

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Even if it was some discipline issue or something, if Cross wants to come here, I’m guessing Archie will give him a spot. Archie needs talent and seems IU’s culture is pretty tight-knit, so good be a good place for the kid  ... unless it’s a Dan Dakich drug/pimp issue. 

I wouldn’t think drugs/pimping in Miami. Too much serious competition 

• Haha 5

You first have to see what happened for him to be off the team  If it is not serious and nothing illegal then I am all for him to come here.  I saw some of the game when they played Purdue and he looked alright but didn't jump off the screen.  He is a burly 6'7 shooter but have no idea how good he rebounds or plays defense.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You first have to see what happened for him to be off the team  If it is not serious and nothing illegal then I am all for him to come here.  I saw some of the game when they played Purdue and he looked alright but didn't jump off the screen.  He is a burly 6'7 shooter but have no idea how good he rebounds or plays defense.

7 ppg/ 4rb/ 87.5% FT/ 40.0% from the 3/ 44.5% FG

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 2