Matt Cross-Transfer

Hoosierfan1901

I don’t even care anymore. Give the kid a second chance. We are going nowhere anyways so why not see if we can catch lightning in a bottle. The games I saw he was playing some of the best ball on the team. Hustled and shot the ball well. Hard to be picky when our program is where it’s at. Instantly help our shooting for sure. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don’t even care anymore. Give the kid a second chance. We are going nowhere anyways so why not see if we can catch lightning in a bottle. The games I saw he was playing some of the best ball on the team. Hustled and shot the ball well. Hard to be picky when our program is where it’s at. Instantly help our shooting for sure. 

Depends what he did

8 minutes ago, psychobat said:

Maybe he porked Larranaga's daughter or something.  Who knows?  

Considering Larranaga is 71 years old, there is a good chance that any daughter he has is in her 40's.  In that scenario, I'm debating whether that improves my opinion of Cross or not.  :coffee:

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 5

Archie wanted him bad the first time around, as did I. If I remember correctly we were going for Cross, Geronimo, and Garcia at the same time and we ended up with Geronimo (who will be a fun 4 year player to watch). But if Cross and Archie rekindle their relationship I'd love to have him. Cross and Stewart would be a nice duo to help with our poor shooting.

• Like 6

Seriously though, we don't know what happened here, but 4 schools in 4 years is a red flag.  You can spin it however you want, but that's a great big, look at me, red flag. 

What is the price of getting a 3 point shooter?  I personally don't want a repeat of character issues like Sampson brought into the team.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Seriously though, we don't know what happened here, but 4 schools in 4 years is a red flag.  You can spin it however you want, but that's a great big, look at me, red flag. 

What is the price of getting a 3 point shooter?  I personally don't want a repeat of character issues like Sampson brought into the team.  

As always I'm torn. I agree with you 4 years/4 schools,etc.....but I'm also tired of not having consistent shooters across the board and I'm extremely tired of not winning. 

Every morning I do the same routine. Wake up. Smell the cinnamon broom to make sure I can still smell things, hit the coffee maker, turn the computer on, check ESPN basketball scores....and every single morning I'm staring at Houston being 6th in the country. I guess I just want that and if Cross can help get us there I'm cool with whatever. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rico said:

Yeah, I don't want him if he robbed a bank.

I think he would be in jail obviously. Anything illegal and there would be an arrest report. So it’s just a kid not fitting in or getting along. Maybe he was held out because he told the coach he wanted to transfer before the game. Besides you guys want kids with an attitude then here you go lol!🤣

honestly what could we lose. We haven’t been to the tournament in how many years and on path to miss it again. On the court the kid has been a good ball player. He shows promise and had some good games and been one of their best shooters but it seems they’ve gone away from him as he is only been getting a couple shots a game.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think he would be in jail obviously. Anything illegal and there would be an arrest report. So it’s just a kid not fitting in or getting along. Maybe he was held out because he told the coach he wanted to transfer before the game. Besides you guys want kids with an attitude then here you go lol!🤣

honestly what could we lose. We haven’t been to the tournament in how many years and on path to miss it again. On the court the kid has been a good ball player. He shows promise and had some good games and been one of their best shooters but it seems they’ve gone away from him as he is only been getting a couple shots a game.

My reference to "rob a bank" is a way of saying he might be on the take.

• Haha 1