Getting over the Hump

jojo123

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, dgambill said:

There is a lot more parity in men’s college basketball then football. Having to beat Alabama football every year is incredible long shot to make the playoffs. If your a really good basketball coach...you can be successful at any power 5 program. Look at Baylor...Texas Tech...Gonzaga....Villanova...heck how many mid majors like Butler and Wichita st VCU lots of programs have a shot. IU will always be a good coach away from getting back to sweet sixteens and beyond.

The majority of those programs took a while to build.  Add in the depth year over year over year over year of the B1G, and it’s not an overnight rebuild ... UNLESS - U have a coach K or PayPal Cal where it’s all about one class at a time and zero continuity. 

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The thing is we heard this the last few years with Crean where a coaching change will cure all

I may be in the minority, but if TJD stays, next year can be a legit contender and they can start back filling from there.  

get old and stay old has always been Archie’s calling card.  Next year he has to put the proof in the pudding. And I actually think he can.  

4 minutes ago, Bustout said:

The majority of those programs took a while to build.  Add in the depth year over year over year over year of the B1G, and it’s not an overnight rebuild ... UNLESS - U have a coach K or PayPal Cal where it’s all about one class at a time and zero continuity. 

Basketball only requires 5 players. Find 5 special players and sometimes 2-3....football requires minimum 22 special kids but building deep rosters over many years. You can build something up really quick in basketball. IU will always be able to turn it around...but have to have the right guy at the helm.

9 hours ago, Bustout said:

I may be in the minority, but if TJD stays, next year can be a legit contender and they can start back filling from there.  

get old and stay old has always been Archie’s calling card.  Next year he has to put the proof in the pudding. And I actually think he can.  

If TJD stays I think we can be very good and that would save CAMs job.  If he leaves I think he's in trouble.  If he stays and we aren't what we should be, he's in trouble.  

I hope TJD stays I even think it would help him ,but to be honest he will get drafted and he can work on his game while getting paid! 
I think the only thing that brings him back would be if he wants to be the guy to help bring Indiana back! I don’t think he comes back. 

Not sure where to put this without starting a new topic, but I'm excited to get back to it tomorrow night!  Seriously, as frustrating as this team/program is right now, I love IU bball.  Just something to look forward to in my book.  My son's varsity team was paused for 14 days because a kid from another team we played recently tested positive.  That has definitely left a void in my fandom.  At least my younger son who plays JV is still having games, but with the Hoosiers paused as well, I need more!   

I wasnt sure if this was right thread or not so please correct me if it is. But does anyone have any idea what this could be about? My best guess is brunk is offically out for the year or that stewart isnt playing this szn. Maybe a galloway/franklin injury?

2A8BA625-DFC7-434A-9EB6-D5ED7F0054E2.png

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I wasnt sure if this was right thread or not so please correct me if it is. But does anyone have any idea what this could be about? My best guess is brunk is offically out for the year or that stewart isnt playing this szn. Maybe a galloway/franklin injury?

2A8BA625-DFC7-434A-9EB6-D5ED7F0054E2.png

I would assume it’s some sort of injury

Archived