Suggest Basketball Shoes With Good Ankle Support?

2 hours ago, Barney Bechtelar said:

Hello there, 

I'm looking to find a pair of best basketball shoes for ankle support, I've read reviews. However, confused between Nike Air Maestro and Nike Lebron Soldier 14. 

Can somebody who has tried both share their views? Which one should I pick? 

Buy ankle braces they are better than any shoe

14 hours ago, Barney Bechtelar said:

Hello there, 

I'm looking to find a pair of best basketball shoes for ankle support, I've read reviews. However, confused between Nike Air Maestro and Nike Lebron Soldier 14. 

Can somebody who has tried both share their views? Which one should I pick? 

I would pick neither.  My Dad swears by Converse Chuck Taylors.  The thing that is special about these sneakers is that nowadays they can by found in a variety of color schemes.

chuck taylors.jpg

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

So this is the first post someone makes on an IU fan board??? Push two Nike shoes on the reader? Yeah I’m not buying it....and neither should the op.

I thought it was a serious question, tbh.  Just a kid playing in the gym!

12 minutes ago, rico said:

I thought it was a serious question, tbh.  Just a kid playing in the gym!

Guess I’m a little jaded but for the very first post ever on this specific IU board to be about those two specific shoes...when he can go to any basketball forum on the planet or simply to his local foot locker...yeah not buying it.

Just now, dgambill said:

Guess I’m a little jaded but for the very first post ever on this specific IU board to be about those two specific shoes...when he can go to any basketball forum on the planet or simply to his local foot locker...yeah not buying it.

I understand it now.  I was just trying to tell the little fella what my 80 year-old Father wears in the 40 year-old or older rec league.

On 1/31/2021 at 4:42 PM, rico said:

I would pick neither.  My Dad swears by Converse Chuck Taylors.  The thing that is special about these sneakers is that nowadays they can by found in a variety of color schemes.

chuck taylors.jpg

...forgot the ankle support they have.

giphy.gif

On 1/31/2021 at 2:42 AM, Barney Bechtelar said:

Hello there, 

Can somebody who has tried both share their views? Which one should I 

Work on your ankle strength,  forget the braces and such.  Guard go light weight, post go with a higher top shoe

22 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Honestly, teach yourself how to tape them up. My ankles have always been a weak spot.  I've sprained each at least a half a dozen times. Taping up gave me the best support.  

As for shoes, I only buy Under Armour nowadays.  

I prefer the "Chuck's"...

giphy.gif

Archived