What Makes Indiana?

Astrosws20

Hey everyone. I'm working on an art project and could use some help. There are tons of things that makes Indiana...well Indiana. Whether you're a student or fan there are always a handful or two of things that come to your mind when thinking about IU. For me it's Assembly Hall, Showalter Fountain, IUSTV, Little 500, IU Arboretum, Mother Bears, Nick's, Mark Spitz, Candystripes, Kelley School of Business and a number of other things.

What comes to your mind when I ask you "what makes Indiana?" Any traditions, buildings, events, sports, people or whatever you want is fair game.

First warm day in the spring on campus, the humidity of the summer, Lake Monroe renting pontoons on a random weekday during the summer. Other IU things the great pride we have in our national alumni. Cuban, Mellencamp, Enberg, Jane Pauley...just to name a few.

Bloomington is almost an adjective. It's a feeling. A confidence that most people just won't ever know what it feels like until you experience a portion of it. A mixture of Chicago, Northeast (NY, NY, PA) who all of a sudden find out that this little small town in Southern Indiana is as culturally diverse a campus as you'll find and what the rest of us Hoosiers have known forever. 

I'm in my 40's. I run into people I went to school with who are scattered all over the world. Instead of catching up on boring stuff like family/kids,etc...the first things are do you remember that time at Upstairs Pub or getting booted from Nick's? Or parties at Villas,etc....or running to White Rabbit to get L104 Biology exam before test was given. Haha..

I could go on and on. Only thing I didn't like? 8am classes in January. 

17 hours ago, Astrosws20 said:

Sorry, I should've said IU instead of Indiana.

Sorry my bad! I didn’t read your through your question fully. The miraculous run to the title game in 2002. I remember the excitement all through Northern Indiana, from the weather person who was an IU grad to the newspaper caption which read “Does that glass slipper come in crimson?!” The superhuman effort that AJ  Moye used to block Boozler’s shot to seal the victory for IU, that is what I think is the epitome of IU basketball.

Archived