Steve Platt

Thanks for posting this.  I saw Steve Platt play his senior year, vs Tri-State (now Trine) in Angola, Indiana.  Huntington fed him every time.  He was a back-to-the-basket 6'5" forward who excelled at creating space and getting his shot off, even against defenses created to stop him. 

He was strong, crafty, and had really high square shoulders.  He played bigger than he was.  I'd love to know his career shooting percentages.

He got his usual 40 points that night, but Tri-State won.  Tri-State had a good coach in Mark Peterman, and a towering (ha) center in 6'8" Roy Charleswood. 

3443.jpg

5 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Thanks for posting this.  I saw Steve Platt play his senior year, vs Tri-State (now Trine) in Angola, Indiana.  Huntington fed him every time.  He was a back-to-the-basket 6'5" forward who excelled at creating space and getting his shot off, even against defenses created to stop him. 

He was strong, crafty, and had really high square shoulders.  He played bigger than he was.  I'd love to know his career shooting percentages.

He got his usual 40 points that night, but Tri-State won.  Tri-State had a good coach in Mark Peterman, and a towering (ha) center in 6'8" Roy Charleswood. 

3443.jpg

I love this! Thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, Sagamore said:

OMG I remember going to see him play for some Fort Wayne team (cant remember name).  Every time he drained a shot, the announcer yelled "STEVE PLATT!!!"

He said his name a lot....

Makes me think of "Steve Holt"!

(apologies for the non-BB, obscure reference)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived