Recruiting slowing

snowling

19 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I think it simply comes down not having shooters guys, which at this point is CAM’s fault (and I’ve always defended him). You HAVE to make 7-8 threes a game in today’s game. We dominated the paint in a lot of games but still lost bc teams made 7-8 threes vs our 1-3. It’s just too difficult to make up the difference. We need another big (Brunk and Duncomb along with TJD and Race will be huge next year), and a lethal shooter. A lethal shooter is what is elusive to us. If he doesn’t find that shooter for next year, it’s going to be his last.... and at this point I can’t argue against it. 

Agree with a lot of this. I also think that is a recruiting thing. Yes, you can help players improve their shooting (Franklin, Durham) but snipers are recruited, and Archie has not prioritized that for whatever reason even when the issue has been staring him right in the face. 

JBJ's, Hulls, Zeisloft's, etc. are recruited and not a single recruit in the Archie era fits that mold. There hasn't been a single recruit in 4 years where the commentary on the recruit was, "IU just got one of the best shooters in this class."

Hopefully Stewart can help there, and if for some reason Archie is back he can add another talented guard that can shoot. All of the sudden the backcourt looks better when you go Stewart/Franklin/experienced Grad transfer.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I think it simply comes down not having shooters guys, which at this point is CAM’s fault (and I’ve always defended him). You HAVE to make 7-8 threes a game in today’s game. We dominated the paint in a lot of games but still lost bc teams made 7-8 threes vs our 1-3. It’s just too difficult to make up the difference. We need another big (Brunk and Duncomb along with TJD and Race will be huge next year), and a lethal shooter. A lethal shooter is what is elusive to us. If he doesn’t find that shooter for next year, it’s going to be his last.... and at this point I can’t argue against it. 

Stewart is supposed to be a shooter.   Leal is a shooter.   And yes - I agree. When Blackmon came to this team - one stud shooter changes everything.

I anticipate that’s what they’re looking for all off-season/free agency.  

7 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Stewart is supposed to be a shooter.   Leal is a shooter.   And yes - I agree. When Blackmon came to this team - one stud shooter changes everything.

I anticipate that’s what they’re looking for all off-season/free agency.  

Not to mention a hobbled Armaan shot over 42% from three this year...

I really feel that when Phin, Romeo, Hunter, Forrester, Anderson were here for their 1st year IU  was coming back and going to be back into the mix for Championships every year. Then the injuries seem to have never stopped. After losing the 12 out of 13 that year we have never fully recovered and not making the tourney for soooooooooooo long. We have missed out on CAM's #1 recruits. I really think if this CLASS AND TEAM THAT YEAR had not the injuries we would be praising CAM But as many have stated TIME TO MOVE ON!

Archived