Short Bench Tonight?

Bustout

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/2/2021 at 10:13 PM, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Maybe the suspension rumor wasn't so outlandish.. WOnder what he did?

I don’t want to link Hunter to a bunch of conspiracy theories. It isn’t fair to him. I also don’t like when a coach doesn’t just come out and say it unless there is legal reasons. It leads to people speculating things and many times the rumor spread are much much worse than what they really did. Archie doesn’t have to say exactly but he can be much more transparent without throwing the whole story out there. For example if this is a Covid thing (at a party without a mask etc) he could certainly say it was a player/team safety violation...etc etc If he missed practice just say it...anyways I hope this doesn’t just turn into a bash Jerome and throw every rumor under the sun at him when it isn’t fair. 

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t want to link Hunter to a bunch of conspiracy theories. It isn’t fair to him. I also don’t like when a coach doesn’t just come out and say it unless there is legal reasons. It leads to people speculating things and many times the rumor spread are much much worse than what they really did. Archie doesn’t have to say exactly but he can be much more transparent without throwing the whole story out there. For example if this is a Covid thing (at a party without a mask etc) he could certainly say it was a player/team safety violation...etc etc If he missed practice just say it...anyways I hope this doesn’t just turn into a bash Jerome and throw every rumor under the sun at him when it isn’t fair. 

Yea I agree. To me it was more like, he pissed off the coach, coach finally (not meant towards JH, just in general) sent a very firm message, and that message takes on more of a life than what ever the infraction was. Thankfully I haven't saw much speculation, like you said, it's not needed.

I'm actually pretty surprised that it was kept so much on the DL. Darn hard to do in today's world.   

6 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Yea I agree. To me it was more like, he pissed off the coach, coach finally (not meant towards JH, just in general) sent a very firm message, and that message takes on more of a life than what ever the infraction was. Thankfully I haven't saw much speculation, like you said, it's not needed.

I'm actually pretty surprised that it was kept so much on the DL. Darn hard to do in today's world.   

I would be very very surprised if this is the situation.  

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I would be very very surprised if this is the situation.  

What part? If you're focusing in on the "pissed off the coach", that was just poor wording. How about replace it with "he did some infraction..". I really wasn't worried about what infraction, but was glad to see the reaction to what ever it was.

10 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

What part? If you're focusing in on the "pissed off the coach", that was just poor wording. How about replace it with "he did some infraction..". I really wasn't worried about what infraction, but was glad to see the reaction to what ever it was.

Gotcha.  That makes a big difference then.  I was taking it too literally I guess.  I don't think this is like an attitude/effort issue.  Infraction I guess is a good way to put it.  

I obviously have no clue, but really hoping it wasn’t a failed test of any sort, but just a bone-head move breaking COVID protocol. 

He’s still been posting on social media, which I find a bit odd ... but that’s just me.  If I were suspended, I would eliminate all distractions, take inventory, and focus on getting back.  I’d probably still read social media, but personally wouldn’t be posting anything for a while.   Just me tho. 

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Why have we had to wait so long for this to happen?  Did he have to be enrolled for so many weeks before he was eligible to play?

Probably had to get into basketball shape and learn the system.  it is hard to expect just to throw a kid into the lineup in the middle of the season.

45 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I don’t know, OSU has a kid that got there in January that’s 17, and he’s been playing 

OSU doesn’t play the vaunted pack line defense...which appearantly takes 5 years for kids to fully learn and play it...I mean how else can we explain why we are still losing at such a high rate. Thank goodness for the pandemic year giving kids a 5th year  next year or we would never get to see this team reach its potential!

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

OSU doesn’t play the vaunted pack line defense...which appearantly takes 5 years for kids to fully learn and play it...I mean how else can we explain why we are still losing at such a high rate. Thank goodness for the pandemic year giving kids a 5th year  next year or we would never get to see this team reach its potential!

We lose more games b/c of offense IMO

Archived