Snowiest city in Indiana?

rico

On 12/26/2017 at 4:28 PM, rico said:

The 24 hour snowfall record in Indiana is from the southern part of the state though.  On December 23rd, 2004, Salem, which is about 20 miles from me, got 33 inches in 24 four hours.  I got over 20 at my house in that storm.  Drifts were over 3 feet high around my house.  

http://www.weatherquestions.com/What_are_the_record_snowfalls_by_state.htm

• 3 months later...

OK Mile I was looking for something else in previous Animal House threads and ran across this. I was living in Mishawaka during the legendary 77-78 winter and will never forget the 39 inches in one weekend! Was just telling some friends here in Georgia about it last week. They looked at me like I was crazy!

On 3/30/2018 at 8:18 PM, Drroogh said:

OK Mile I was looking for something else in previous Animal House threads and ran across this. I was living in Mishawaka during the legendary 77-78 winter and will never forget the 39 inches in one weekend! Was just telling some friends here in Georgia about it last week. They looked at me like I was crazy!

The Blizzard of 1967 in NWI, is the one I remember most.  Two months before a plow truck was able to come down the street of my parent's home in Gary.

BLIZZARD of 1967, NORTHWEST INDIANA SNOWSTORM

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

The Blizzard of 1967 in NWI, is the one I remember most.  Two months before a plow truck was able to come down the street of my parent's home in Gary.

BLIZZARD of 1967, NORTHWEST INDIANA SNOWSTORM

Doesn't seem like we got it as hard in Chesterton, I do remember my sister and I skiing the three miles into town to get some supplies though.

Archived