EA Sports bringing back “College Football” video game

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cool! I miss the convenience of having an IU roster that was modern without any game modding .

The last football game I played was a leaked Madden 08 PC Mod that gave me the 2014 D1 teams.

A guy who played by UGAGODAWGS12 made a shared import roster file for it. A guy who played by Calhouppes made a script that changed field lines and hashes etc to NCAA from NFL and a ton of other stuff to complete the college game "realism". 

I split my qbs between Diamont and Sudfeld. Had Tevin Coleman as my back and moved Ty or Adam(forgot which brother) Replogle to fullback since I wanted to use Diamont for my version of a triple option.

Since about 4 ppl had it there was nobody to play but I played on "All-Madden" which for the mod made it "All-American" setting .

I still troll UGAGODAWGS about spelling Replogle as "Repogle" .I now remind him that kind of thing  went to show how disrespected IU was and how nice it is that the real IU plays loke my teams did now.EA might actually put some effort into an IU team now that it will probably be a ranked team during the game's development stage.

By pure coincidence of a #1 world ranking and a long long story in a separate game , I'm a bit of a Electronic Arts "insider" now though .Lol

I'll link a vid or two of that old mod's gameplay once my kid gets off my computer for a few. Where I'm from and when , gamers were a joke and I never really took pride enough in it to share with people.

Dumb call by me walking away,  and they make a living off playing and broadcasting video games fhese days.. I still think it's totally nuts.Unheard of back in the late 90s and early 2000s 

If I wasn't legitimately "pro" caliber at any point id not even be telling you all.HOG KAPONYA on yt if you evver get cruious.Now my games are dead so idgaf if ppl know.Npt going to make a life of it .LOL I feel too old for that.Just saying.

Used to be a private channel in my gaming heyday.When my kid was born I used my downtime at home with an infant to toddler so it was just spmething tp do to me  .Haha I Having played at a pretty decent level in actual sports in the past against eventual IHSAA. and  D1 ppl it just wasnt my calling and honestly I was ahead of the times a bit with video gaming.

Platforms weren't totally ready for where video gaming is now in mainstream life.

However it is actual fact.I am/was the G.O.A.T .with the.most difficult weapon in the "Battlefield" game series.The link is upper right on the YT channel HOG KAPONYA to the world weapon leaderboard for my weapon of choice

.I innovated their weapon in their FPS game and EA fanboyed out on me .Even gave me free EA games for life so Ill have this new College  Football day 1 release though . I got those images before they sunset their BF4  leaderboards and forums a couple yrs ago.Bc pics or it didnt happen!! 

Damn I just logged into origin.I have 150 friend requests Lmao. Been a couple months bit that is S.O.S.D.D!.

I have 7 "friends" All of them are literally the ones who beat me in Madden 08 on PC over the years  !  I probably suck now but Madden doesn't change mich so idk .Have to find out sometime if it is like riding a bike..That is if I ever get time to play one again.

Indiana shut out of Ohio State on a PC Madden 08 -to- College Football MOD - YouTube

It's crazy I would have to make these private and shut my comments down after 2 hours back when this was still being played lol  I would get 5kviews /likes on these but I just made them public them so you all can see them, now.  To keep privacy and low key I killed this channel at least 500 times ..just locked them all for a year or two til they cooled off and everyone left. 

I played that mod for 1 season but I could still Keep "all-Madden out of the endzone sometimes even in 2015.

EA will never make a presentation better than that CBS mod  though. That is(was as of right now LOL )  about as well kept of a secret  treasure and just hearing that music got me fired up!  I always dreamed of seeing IU play a CBS bowl and get that intro music in real life , from then on.  To this very day! 

IU v UM Madden 08 PC College Football 15 Mod - test vid from old PC - YouTube

UM and OSU were of course "big dreams "  seemingly out of real world reach forever , so I only played them in exhibition mode which is the only ones I was permitted to share by the mod 's maker who let the leak go to me. 

Sucked a bit bc I wanted to share actual season play on dynasty  it ..Unfortunately at the time ,  I was bound by word and a bit of a confidentiality agreement since it was technically not allowed due to lacking official licensing. lol.  Would have gotten myself sued for sharing the mod itself.

Viewers would ask in the comments and cuss me out when I had to refuse so I shut the whole thing down .Got old being called all of those nasty names but wasn't up to me .

This is the "ABOUT" from the Youtube channel...My old competitive team was literally the best there was in those years .... On a related note. This why I once asked Ken to please never nominate me to be a moderator here ever. No matter what he thought!   I was already the lead mod on House Of Gamers and lead recruiter.. Too much on the plate! But I am a considered by "them idiots"  actually " my idiots" that I recruited personally - a legendary moderator among my inner circle. Funny and true ! XD 

Description[HOG]KAPONYA was a member, and co-administrator of the Original HOG House Of Gamers community(USA) - a Battlefield 2 focused PC gaming and modding community of the mid-2000's. The original House Of Gamers motto was: "NOTHING STOPS A HOG!" HOG's Battlefield 2 v1.0 and Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare 1 team fielded by the original community was "[HOG]Elite"- Former multiple division winners of the now-defunct Team Warfare League(T.W.L.). Due to their success HOG enjoyed World #1 ranked servers on multiple occasions. The original HOG web domain names "houseofgamers.com" & "hog-hq.com" were eventually disbanded from, after members voted to end the days of competitive participation and web/game server hosting circa-2014. Both name and domain have since changed hands multiple times. Many so-called "House Of Gamers" groups under the [HOG] moniker have came and went in the ensuing years. [HOG]KAPONYA later became BF4's all-platform World #1 & #3 M320 Smoke Kills Leader aka "Smoke Lord"

This stuff never struck me as big nor did popularity. Still doesn't  

I have an aversion to being popular since I'm pretty introverted about anything anyone else might consider impressive or meaningful .. That was not a good fit for my group in those days but wins were and top rankings were required. So I just did the minimum to fit in where I got in.  

It was the opposite of why I did what I did ..Just like everywhere else. Popularity always meant jack s*** to me because I was ok with knowing what was under the lid !   Felt I proved it plenty of times to the ones who I was playing with and going against .All I needed to !

My best friend IRL STILL calls me a stupid *** ****ing numbskull idiot for not becoming a famous gamer! LMFAO!!  I only thought this is all relevant to this neat thread. So why the hell not share the truth for a change., 

Just to be certain nothing is being misplaced I am objectively qualified to speak on who is good and who isn't when it comes to gaming though!  Helped train many so called "gamer- stars" without a peep of thanks or public recognition!.. Bc you just have to have been there for the real sports to see wy this pales in comparison. The best part of it all is knowing my son and nephew will never look up to another man more than their own dad and unc  since this stuff is life to these kids nowadays 

If anyone ever wants to play some in NCAA once it's out just DM .  I have a little list of old gamer buddies to chop down for a bit once it drops , but Ill get to the bottom of it Eventually will be ready for "next up" with whoever wants it , though.

I was just telling someone here I love it when other gamers self-aggrandize..

Always have enjoyed going in random games as some anonymous nobody user id and whipping this s***out of these modern day "pros" ..

Still do!

And while I'm at it! 

I've been around these HSN boards for a decade plus now.  This was overdue after this many years of reading everyone else's hobbies and likes and neat things people may not know.   Never been big into sharing personally. I like to keep my compartments separate .. Think I was just saying that in another thread this week actually

Ken was the only one who had a clue about any of it since he is the only one who ever actually called me from the well- known people here. Kept it don't ask don't tell mostly , , but I feel the imbalance of knowing more about most here than they would ever have an inkling of .So I am doing this for Ken... He was my friend and i miss him and the least I could do is share something about me for once..

Honestly I consider gaming "my" world and World #1 rankings earned an untold actually deserve overdue talk whether it is some dumb s**t like this or not.

World Number One ......Kind took this many years to sink in that #1 on earth in something is worth a 2nd back/// 

I left those days behind to focus on my kid But make no mistake Im an OG of all PC gaming ever.

God gives everyone a "calling" and despite how cool it seem I failed at my real dream of making it in sports due in part to bad luck bad timing and bad attitude. I'll just leave that at that., 

However I can say with all assurances since I suck at everything else in life - I likely have ignored my "calling" of natural gifts  because think about it ."Jocks and geeks" are oil and water and I never did well at fitting into that crowd. 

So...       15,000 and Beyond .... Battlefield 4 M320 SMK (Smoke GL) Kills.. G.O.A.T. - YouTube

Hearing how awesome other thought I was never struck a chord with me but Lol  This video was a personally satisfying destruction of one of the best competitive teams ever . And I made them say Uncle and want to be like me in this game LOL  I watch this when I feel down on myself .  Because what about grown men calling you theb est gets old ? NOTHING .

With this long WINDED >> Vintage jblaz spree shared and one final HSN game thread taken in yesterday . I wish everyone here the very best :) 

Thanks to the remaining old days mods for having me here all these years. I never really felt like I fit in here all the way either.  That was good and the thing I always told Ken I appreciated most about this place.  this was a place to step out of my gamer circle of friends "status" and be a normal joe schmo.

Going to miss the site! 

Much love and best wishes .

HOG KAPONYA

Archived