Illinois post game

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

We are either a not very well coached team or a not very smart team...or some combo of both.

4.5 seconds, down 2 and shooting FT.  Your opponent just missed 1 of 2.  Why do you throw away that second shot?  Make the bucket, force them to inbound and put pressure on them to hit FTs.  Even if they hit 2 you still have a chance at a 3 or you can try your desperation miss if they try the same strategy with probably a second or 2 off the clock.

4-6 in the BIG with a slew of those losses being close ones where we shoot poorly from the foul line.  Hit just 1 more of those 10 misses in regulation and this game is a win.

Just tired of this garbage.

Amen

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Not your typical AH because of no fans

Yeah.  But no crowds helped us go into Iowa and win as well.  It's an excuse, and a weak one.  Good coaching, players not getting suspended, better FT shooting, and a little bit of effort from your Junior PG and you won this game.  Crowd or not.

10 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

I think I'm done with this.  I'm not planning evenings/weekend afternoons around watching any more IU games this year. 

See ya don't let the door hit you.  Nobody is happy with this but don't turn your back on this team and expect to come bac k when it gets better.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

See ya don't let the door hit you.  Nobody is happy with this but don't turn your back on this team and expect to come bac k when it gets better.

Come on now Scott, he’s just saying he isn’t planning his life around the games.  I’m not either, it’s not worth it anymore.  Too many more important things in life.

This game felt like a microcosm of Archie's tenure in so many ways. 

I can actually point to a lot of things that I liked tonight - even little improvements that make me feel good. 

I can also, obviously, point to a lot of the same things we seem to do wrong consistently.  

At the end of the day, we didn't get it done when we needed to and we lost. Again. 

Our season would look so different if we win the three overtime games against ranked teams - but we found ways to lose them all. 

Archived