Illinois post game

41 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Meghan Markle... yowza. 

This is the honest truth.  I honestly did not know that was her until after the first episode,  I looked it up afterwards (as I do with any attractive woman to see what other shows/movies she's been in).  When I saw the name, I did a double-take.  I've never really paid attention to all the royalty stuff, but i knew the name even though I didn't recognize the face. 

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw that Race and Lander are shooting in the gym after the game. Race was shooting free throws and Lander was shooting jumpers. I think both players are doing what many in the last few years at IU have failed to do. Which is striving to get better. I don’t care how those bad those 3 defensive possessions were for Lander. Let him play and let him learn. At least he wants to get better and wants to do his part in winning. 

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Interesting. You seem to really have your heels dug in on the local kid because of his Purdue decision. You say good coaching, players not getting suspended, better FT shooting is the reason we lost...maybe just me but that seems like a passive aggressive way to discuss a game....and remind me of who the players "s" are. 

Kind of feeling you've taken on a position because of TK's decision. When you throw terms like "and a weak one"...."players not getting suspended" (like it happens on the daily)......and finish it off with saying crowd or not (while not giving IU the credit they deserve either way)....maybe just the way I read. 

From "your" junior PG? Shoot. Darn that local stuff. 

You are over-analyzing things.  Simply a frustrated IU fan. 

BTW.  I'm equally frustrated with Silver Creek's season this year.  

2 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

Just saw that Race and Lander are shooting in the gym after the game. Race was shooting free throws and Lander was shooting jumpers. I think both players are doing what many in the last few years at IU have failed to do. Which is striving to get better. I don’t care how those bad those 3 defensive possessions were for Lander. Let him play and let him learn. At least he wants to get better and wants to do his part in winning. 

Race played a heckuva game.  But, yeah, he hits even a decent percentage of FTs and we win.

Just now, 5fouls said:

Race played a heckuva game.  But, yeah, he hits even a decent percentage of FTs and we win.

It’s just good to see someone taking that next step of getting better. Trying to get better on their own as opposed to doing little to no shooting unless told too

2 hours ago, Cbp4IU said:

I saw that photo and thought to myself, “would be nice to see our team captains out there joining them and leading by example”. Then I realized off the top of my head I have no idea who our team captains are...and it shows.

saw this tweet tonight and it’s just a raw, honest analysis of where this program is rn. I’ll continue to watch this team (somewhat do to the fact that it’s a pandemic and limited alternatives to do with my free time) but I just don’t get excited about an IU game anymore. It feels more like a chore each and every day. I don’t even have optimism of this program being a national title contender anymore. I’ll just train my brain to be thrilled over making the tournament, whenever that may happen. Should have seen all the assistant coaches (schilling, flint, elston) jumping ship over the past couple of years as writing on the wall. 

6FF0E625-86F6-4EEC-AC13-203B552A0B0C.png

I have decided to treat each game as an island.  This season has been slipping away and at 9-8, seeking to no longer think about tournament hopes, but is the team still fighting?  Are the freshmen improving?  What good can I find?

It seems wishful thinking to see a coaching change, at least soon, and it is entirely possible we will continue to take the most minute steps forward. 

It has become imperative to find any joy in IU basketball to lower expectations.  Not my wish, just the bloody truth. 

6 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I don't know but whatever is going on isn't positive.  When he fouled out the exchange with CAM didn't look cordial - Phin was griping about something and Archie threw his hands up.

I saw that, I think Archie is feeling the heat of another under performing season!. Players not responding, recruits not coming.Things are crumbling 

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

See ya don't let the door hit you.  Nobody is happy with this but don't turn your back on this team and expect to come bac k when it gets better.

I gotta agree again Scott.  I don't expect much out of this program right now, but I will always watch and support.  

Honestly, we didn't deserve to win.  I also didn't expect a win.  I'm most disappointed in the fact that I too have given up on the coach and team.  If the future looked bright that would be great but this team won't be good until Galloway and Leal are seniors complementing hopefully some talent.  Maybe their junior year with Franklin leading the attack.  

I know I have seen enough of big man dominant basketball.  It's awful.  

I still think part of some people's heartbreak is crowning each guy on our team as turned the corner and how good they are when they show a little sign of anything good.  Galloway is struggling, Leal isn't doing anything, Hunter, well... Race is the one people were right about.  The others?  Jury is still out.  This team is not that talented.  

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Did not watch 1 second woke up 3am checked the score said same old stuff.  Back to bed slept well. So accustomed to it that my heart rate did not raise and not concerned enough to find out how we blew. Being an IU men's basketball fan sucks. With each passing day less and less emotion tied to the program. 

Same here.   I went to bed knowing we were playing and it didn't even bother me.  Woke up and check to see the OT loss and said oh well.  Not sure what the issue is with IUBB but man it has been a long dry spell.   

Just now, 68Hoosier said:

Same here.   I went to bed knowing we were playing and it didn't even bother me.  Woke up and check to see the OT loss and said oh well.  Not sure what the issue is with IUBB but man it has been a long dry spell.   

I hate that for all of us fans that love good basketball.  I am sick of living in basketball not sure if it's purgatory or pure hell but either way we are they and have been for far too long. 

Archived