Illinois post game

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Reacher said:

After the first Frazier 3 pulled them to within 3, I think, I was thinking CAM should have called a TO.

It was nice to get a better look at Lander. He has improved and will continue to do so. He missed out on a couple assists when he first came in because we missed an open 3 and Race got fouled inside but could not convert. He sees the floor better than anyone in recent memory.

Lol depending on how good your memory is ....that may not be much of a compliment if recent means less than 5 years 

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I forgot to comment on the post earlier about both RP and Leal seeming to give CAM attitude during the game.  I actually think that could be a huge deal.  If he has lost the team in that aspect he's really done.  

I noticed both of those. I didn’t mention them in the game thread because I wanted to keep the focus on the game.  I wondered if I was the only one who noticed it or if I’m just hyper sensitive to stuff since I’m pretty down on Archie. 

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

To me this is the the problem with offenses in college basketball where you have guys just standing aorund the 3 point line.  It depends on guys who can take guys off the dribble to force help to get guys open.  to me it is to easy to defend and when you face teams who can defend you don't get guys open.  I never understand an offense that just stands around because it is better to have player movement and guys coming off screens.  The ball moves faster by the pass than the dribble so I hate how much we see guys just dribbling out top for 12 seconds.

We had player movement last night and multiple non ball screens going on.  The problem was it was usually just one guy and the wrong guy at that.  And then followed up by a lack of ball movement.  You must mix the two as you know into a beautiful flow, players moving with a purpose and the ball moving quickly to the path of least resistance.  

Archived