What’s Keion Brooks Situation? Dawson Garcia?

Bustout

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, rico said:

The UK fans that I talk to and trust are of the opinion that KBJ will transfer upon the conclusion of this season.  Take that for what it is worth.

Garcia is a different story.  He appears to be option #3 in the Warrior offense.  Right behind Carton and Carton again.  

The game I watched recently Garcia wasn’t a focal point at all. I was actually surprised at how they used him. He would go to top of key then pass the ball then set a screen then do it again. He’s randomly cut for a pass or get a junk rebound for points. He’s not used where he is creating his own shot. 

8 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

The game I watched recently Garcia wasn’t a focal point at all. I was actually surprised at how they used him. He would go to top of key then pass the ball then set a screen then do it again. He’s randomly cut for a pass or get a junk rebound for points. He’s not used where he is creating his own shot. 

nd he thought he was going to get Howard's usage.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Actually, Garcia leads the team in scoring.

Yep.

By the comments I thought Garcia had been pushed into the background which surprised me as I saw him early in the year and was impressed. Took a look at the stats and he leads the team in scoring, leads the team in rebounding, is shooting 75% from the FT and 40% from the three and has taken 168 shots vs Cartons team leading 175. He would have been a nice get for us.

2 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Yep.

By the comments I thought Garcia had been pushed into the background which surprised me as I saw him early in the year and was impressed. Took a look at the stats and he leads the team in scoring, leads the team in rebounding, is shooting 75% from the FT and 40% from the three and has taken 168 shots vs Cartons team leading 175. He would have been a nice get for us.

Pretty good stats for a guy that has to watch Carton dribble around all the time.

On 2/4/2021 at 11:43 AM, GrangerHoosier said:

After the win over Iowa, the insider guy on TOS posted "can you imagine how good we'll be next year when we get either Brooks or Aaron Henry?"

Alluded to the fact there may be something going on behind the scenes with one of them. 

Which site?

8 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Scenario 1 brooks stays at Kentucky and TJD goes pro Scenario 2 TJD calls KB and says transfer to IU and I’ll stay one more year. Which scenario you take? I take scenario 2

So would I it how about scenerio 3 where TJD leaves and Brooks transfers to IU.  If that happens would Brooks makes us that much better. If he wants to transfer here I will be for it and root for him

40 minutes ago, Threedom said:

Yeah Scott come on.  He is a talented kid.  Double figure scorer, FT over 90%, over 5 rebounds.  Don’t act like he couldn’t help this program. 

He's not having a bad season since coming back.  He's averaging 10.1 points shooting a blazing 30% from three.  I'd love the 91% free throw shooting.  Don't get me wrong, I'd welcome him but he would add about 1.1 win share to next season's team.  He would be less exciting than adding the Gordon brother when he transferred over after scoring 17 a game on a horrible Arizona St. team.  This may be the worst Kentucky team in all of our life times.  ALL OF US.  

Archived