Connor Essegian-2022 Committed to Wisconsin

rico

• 6 months later...

Yep definitely excited for him to have gotten offers from Wisconsin and Minnesota. It’s the first time in our school history that we’ve had someone get an offer from a Big Ten school. People are saying maybe Butler because he may wanna stay closer to family, but I’m not any more plugged in than those rumblings, so who knows. It’d be pretty cool to choose a Big Ten school, but he’d be the one who probably comes out of nowhere to light us up from 3 if we were to play him. He’s a really good, humble kid, I do know that. 

1 hour ago, IUrocker said:

Yep definitely excited for him to have gotten offers from Wisconsin and Minnesota. It’s the first time in our school history that we’ve had someone get an offer from a Big Ten school. People are saying maybe Butler because he may wanna stay closer to family, but I’m not any more plugged in than those rumblings, so who knows. It’d be pretty cool to choose a Big Ten school, but he’d be the one who probably comes out of nowhere to light us up from 3 if we were to play him. He’s a really good, humble kid, I do know that. 

He’d be smart to go to Butler. He fits a major need for their current roster construction and could play a major role. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • rico changed the title to Connor Essegian-2022 Committed to Wisconsin

I haven't seen him play, but he sure seems like he's right out of central casting for the type of guard Wisconsin would recruit.  They have their system and style and, give them credit, they do a good job of matching recruits with how they play.  They don't just land players and then figure it out later.   I give them the benefit of the doubt on identifying a kid that fits them.

That's not to say that I want him at IU.  Different circumstance entirely.

11 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I believe he visited Wisconsin a few weeks ago. I saw a picture on Twitter of him in a Wisconsin uniform and instantly knew that's where he'd be going. He just looks like a guy who will play basketball at Wisconsin for 5 or 6 years, set a bunch of moving screens and knock down 5-6 threes in a game just for fun. 

You forgot that he would play very few minutes avg 3 to 5 points a game 1 rebound .2 assists .5 steals etc. in his first couple years but somehow seeing an IU jersey turns him into an all American player dropping 30 on us wit 8 rebounds 7 assists 3 steals and shooting 7 of 10 from 3 point range. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

You forgot that he would play very few minutes avg 3 to 5 points a game 1 rebound .2 assists .5 steals etc. in his first couple years but somehow seeing an IU jersey turns him into an all American player dropping 30 on us wit 8 rebounds 7 assists 3 steals and shooting 7 of 10 from 3 point range. 

It's like waving a flag in front of a bull...

• Haha 2

On 9/16/2021 at 5:04 PM, TheWatShot said:

I believe he visited Wisconsin a few weeks ago. I saw a picture on Twitter of him in a Wisconsin uniform and instantly knew that's where he'd be going. He just looks like a guy who will play basketball at Wisconsin for 5 or 6 years, set a bunch of moving screens and knock down 5-6 threes in a game just for fun. 

5 or 6? Their lineup has 24-25 year old kids in it. Haha. Kidding aside. Given the schools he was actually being recruited by Wisconsin was far and away the best landing spot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1