#8 Iowa pregame 2/7 12 noon ET Fox Network

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got a pretty good blueprint to work with on how to stop them. My biggest 2 concerns. Iowa probably won't shoot 5-23 from 3 again (specifically Bohannon 0-8) and more than likely we won't shoot 8-17 from 3 again. 

I'll go real simple on game plan. Feed TJD and Race. All game long. If we can get the W tomorrow I think we have a stretch coming where we can win 4 of 5 and get back into top half of league just like Rutgers did. 

I need prayers for this game.  I haven't watched many games over the last few years without any alcohol.  I feel it would be a bad move for me to start drinking at noon when I will be partaking for the Super Bowl as well.  Therefore, watching this game stone cold sober is terrifying to me.  

52 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I need prayers for this game.  I haven't watched many games over the last few years without any alcohol.  I feel it would be a bad move for me to start drinking at noon when I will be partaking for the Super Bowl as well.  Therefore, watching this game stone cold sober is terrifying to me.  

Trust me. You aren't the only one. I can maybe justify a late 2nd half taste but 130 or 2 at the earliest. Looooooooooooong day. Pace yourself gang!

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We've got a pretty good blueprint to work with on how to stop them. My biggest 2 concerns. Iowa probably won't shoot 5-23 from 3 again (specifically Bohannon 0-8) and more than likely we won't shoot 8-17 from 3 again. 

I'd like to see how shooting percentages of our opponents compare in our gym against theirs. It seems like every team in this league shoots better in Assembly Hall than they do in their own arenas. 

13 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I felt like we had to get one of these two versus Illinois and Iowa to get to 0.500 in B1G play. Mathematically it’s still possible without a win tomorrow, but that just makes the hill that much steeper. We’re closing in on must win territory quickly. Here’s hoping we do tomorrow. 

I feel we have to win the next two games to have any chance of making the tournament.  It would bring us to 6-6 and would have to go at least 4-4 the rest of the year.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I feel we have to win the next two games to have any chance of making the tournament.  It would bring us to 6-6 and would have to go at least 4-4 the rest of the year.

I seriously think we're in big trouble if we need to win the next two.  I still say win at NW, at Purdue, vs. MN, and vs. MSU and we should be ecstatic!  

7 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I seriously think we're in big trouble if we need to win the next two.  I still say win at NW, at Purdue, vs. MN, and vs. MSU and we should be ecstatic!  

Is somebody else going to coach the team in that game? Because I'm pretty sure Archie Miller would still lose to Purdue even if he got our 2012-13 starting lineup for a day. 

44 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Is somebody else going to coach the team in that game? Because I'm pretty sure Archie Miller would still lose to Purdue even if he got our 2012-13 starting lineup for a day. 

I agree.  I just think those are our 4 most winnable games.  I don't think we'll win all 4 though.  

Interesting game for sure. I felt we were very fortunate in the first match up this year. We still missed a plethora of Free throws. sometimes I  think  we do just throw them? We made some threes and Iowa missed a bunch of open looks they usually make. I hate it, but I feel a different outcome maybe in store for us today. I hope not! but in this case I say the stats win out? 

The player I worry about today is Nunge. 6-9 from 3 his last 2 games. Kinda a latter day Brad Louhaus. Race is going to have to guard him on the perimeter, which takes away from him helping on Garza. Our guard's will have to dig down to help, but Lord don't leave Bohannon or Wieskamp too long.

It's only been a few games, but both teams have changed a little. Anxious to see more progress from Khristian and the other freshmen. 

10 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I came to my senses and decided watching this game sober doesn't make a lot of sense.  Will go with a screwdriver around noon and still have time to nap and start back up by 630pm.  Feeling better about things.  Go Hoosiers!

I’ll be there with you! Gonna start drinking early today

Archived