At This Point, Whats Is Your Preference?

Coaches  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What is your choice?

• Steve Alford
    • Nate Oats
    • Gregg Marshall
    • Keith Smart
    • John Beilein
    • If we can't get Stevens, Donovan, Beard, Matta, Drew, or Bennett just stick with CAM
    • Other?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, every one of those coaches listed are better than Archie. Marshall is a non-starter now that he had his issue. 

I guess I’m voting other  

A healthy Matta or Nate Oats for me. To me Oats isn’t a one year guy. Michigan was looking at him a couple years ago before he went to Bama and they hired Howard. 

Hard no on Alford, Marshall, and Beilein (age related).   Smart would be settling, but I would support the hire.  Oats has potential.  But, he's not my #1 choice.  I'll restate what I've been saying all along.  Stevens is not an unrealistic choice until he firmly turns you down twice.  If you as much as talk to anyone else before that happens, you've failed.

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Randy's age works against him, especially for someone who has never coached in college before.

My preference would be 50 & under.  Or, if older than 50, someone with college coaching experience.

Alford?  Is that you?

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Hard no on Alford, Marshall, and Beilein (age related).   Smart would be settling, but I would support the hire.  Oats has potential.  But, he's not my #1 choice.  I'll restate what I've been saying all along.  Stevens is not an unrealistic choice until he firmly turns you down twice.  If you as much as talk to anyone else before that happens, you've failed.

I've been turned down twice and the third time acceptance was life changing!!!

All in on Nate Oats. He was already the mid major flavor of the month at Buffalo, now he's about to win a major conference title. Top 30 offense, ranked the same as Archie's defense, but Nate's own defense currently ranks 3rd in the country. He plays an exciting, modern style of basketball, with a focus on efficient shots, not just taking everything to the rim, and a tempo also ranked in the top ten. Sign me up.

9 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

BCA - Best Coach Available.  Main traits:  experience winning and recruiting at power conference school(s), background in teaching both offense and defense, preferably no history of major recruiting violations.  Asking salary is not an issue, nor is state/school of origin.

Yeah, I just figured a poll with Matta, Stevens, Donovan, Beard, Drew, and Bennett didn't mean a lot.  Obviously all of us would take likely any of them over any of the other guys listed.  Just hard to see Matta following an Archie firing and hard to see the other guys leaving their current situation.  

1 minute ago, Hippopotamo said:

Kruger is too old to me, and Buzz Williams has suspiciously bailed on multiple schools and I’m not sure he’d be interested in going to a school like IU. 

Dang, didn't realize Kruger was 68.

Buzz is odd to me.  He's never overly achieved.  He may be home now that T A&M network is his alma mater.  

26 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Thoughts on Lon Kruger or Buzz Williams?  

Kruger is too old. He also has a career winning % of 61%. He's 61% at OK. His last five seasons he's 79-65.

Buzz: A&M is 2-6 in the SEC. If IU fans don't like CAM's offense: A&M points scored against the following opponents- TCU 55, LSU 54, S Car 54, TN 54, MS ST 56, MIZ 52, MS 50

They have seven double-digit losses this year. They shoot under 42% overall and 30% from three.

His career winning % is 61%, 67% at Marq, 59% at VA Tech and 53% at A&M.

If we are looking this far down the list, we should keep Archie

Archived