At This Point, Whats Is Your Preference?

Coaches  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What is your choice?

• Steve Alford
    • Nate Oats
    • Gregg Marshall
    • Keith Smart
    • John Beilein
    • If we can't get Stevens, Donovan, Beard, Matta, Drew, or Bennett just stick with CAM
    • Other?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My preference?

That y'all would get behind this team and this coach and see where the next year and a half takes us.

He's not going anywhere until then anyway. For God's sake give it a rest.

We can support the team and realistically know Archie isn’t the guy.  Actually supporting the team by wanting what is best for it is exactly what many on here are doing by talking about who could be a successful coach in the future.  You don’t have to click on the threads if you don’t like the topic. I skip topics all the time bc I don’t find any interests in those topics. 

2 minutes ago, Feathery said:

We can support the team and realistically know Archie isn’t the guy.  Actually supporting the team by wanting what is best for it is exactly what many on here are doing by talking about who could be a successful coach in the future.  You don’t have to click on the threads if you don’t like the topic. I skip topics all the time bc I don’t find any interests in those topics. 

So I should ask you next time I want to render my opinion?

Don't think so, mister...

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So I should ask you next time I want to render my opinion?

Don't think so, mister...

No. Just saying don’t come in a thread you don’t like and tell ppl to give it a rest. All opinions are valid. I don’t think Archie is going anywhere but this conversation doesn’t happen at all if he was better at his job. 

7 minutes ago, Feathery said:

No. Just saying don’t come in a thread you don’t like and tell ppl to give it a rest. All opinions are valid. I don’t think Archie is going anywhere but this conversation doesn’t happen at all if he was better at his job. 

And since there wasn't an option for my opinion, I wrote it out.

And my statement was simple truth. Archie is not getting fired after this year. He'll have the next to determine his fate. 

We have a "Fire Archie Miller" thread and I think everyone's opinion was abundantly clear. 

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And my statement was simple truth. Archie is not getting fired after this year. He'll have the next to determine his fate. 

We have a "Fire Archie Miller" thread and I think everyone's opinion was abundantly clear. 

Your opinion wouldn't fall under "Other" or "If we can't get one of ... then stick with CAM?"

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Before putting a guy on the list please ask yourself if any other top 10 program would even give him a look if they had an opening. 

We're not a Top 10 program.  The hierarchy of programs changes over time.  IU fans need to realize that.  And, right now we're not Top 10.  And, you may disagree with me.  But, 19 years without getting past the Sweet 16 is not the resume of a Top 10 program.

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So your option is simply “for God’s sake give it a rest”? If so, then we read the poll differently. Lol

I had a longer post but deleted it and can take the conversation to another thread. 

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We're not a Top 10 program.  The hierarchy of programs changes over time.  IU fans need to realize that.  And, right now we're not Top 10.  And, you may disagree with me.  But, 19 years without getting past the Sweet 16 is not the resume of a Top 10 program.

Correct. We need to find the guy who will make us top 10 or better again. 

9 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Your opinion wouldn't fall under "Other" or "If we can't get one of ... then stick with CAM?"

So, any other opinion than a coaching change is "other." Got it...

Par for the course, I guess in this day and age. If you don't agree with a mob, you're answer is relegated to the "other" dumpster.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We're still considered the best job in the B1G.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/ranking-the-best-jobs-by-conference-big-ten

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

We're still considered the best job in the B1G.

I'm not sure that's true.  No, we're not 8th-10th like we are in the standings, but an argument could easily be made that OSU, MSU, and UM are better basketball jobs than Indiana right now.

3 minutes ago, Feathery said:

So your option is simply “for God’s sake give it a rest”? If so, then we read the poll differently. Lol

I had a longer post but deleted it and can take the conversation to another thread. 

Not at all. I said get behind this team and coach. That was my preference.

You people keep saying you want IU basketball to succeed, yet show with every post you prefer a change that will require failure. 

I wrote in another thread how I look at each year as journey. It's entertainment for me. It's not a huge part of my life like it is for the coaching staff or the kids that made a conscious decision to play in Bloomington. 

Some of you need to quit being so overly emotional and selfish, because to be honest, you have very little skin in this game by comparison. The world doesn't revolve around your "feelings." 

These kids and this coach will get their chances. 

And I hope they make a few people eat their words...

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So, any other opinion than a coaching change is "other." Got it...

Par for the course, I guess in this day and age. If you don't agree with a mob, you're answer is relegated to the "other" dumpster.

You're absolutely welcome to disagree with the majority.  I guess the options are on me.  I wasn't sure who to put in or how to put it.  Sure, I personally hope Archie is good enough and takes us to a better place.  I was just curious with all of the opinions floating around how the numbers on this board looked.  I assumed (and you know what happens when you assume) that pretty much everyone agreed that if we could get either Stevens, Donovan, Beard, Matta, Drew, or Bennett that they'd take one of them.  I could have included an option that said stick with Miller no matter what forever and ever.  

John Belein would be a great choice. I support the current team and coach even though they have never given me much reason too? I think that is called loyalty. However, I get really tired of losing more than winning. I love to win and win a lot! I know some on here love to blame the teams problems on the fans inside the hall. What is the excuse this year. Winners don't give excuses they just get busy winning. 

2 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

John Belein would be a great choice. I support the current team and coach even though they have never given me much reason too? I think that is called loyalty. However, I get really tired of losing more than winning. I love to win and win a lot! I know some on here love to blame the teams problems on the fans inside the hall. What is the excuse this year. Winners don't give excuses they just get busy winning. 

I love John Beilein.  But, he is 68 years old.  You hire him and we are going through this again in 5 years.  I want someone who can be here 20 if things go well.

Archived