Iowa Postgame Thread

KDB

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Congrats on the win for many reasons:

1. Always funny seeing a Frantrum meltdown

2. Supposedly one of the best teams Iowa has had in decades is now behind Purdue in the standings lol. 

Lost 5 of their last 7. Great teams dont do that.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I didn’t get to watch but the last 10+ min. Lander proved in the time I saw he needed to be back on the bench. 

He had probably the best 5 mins of basketball to end the half of any Hoosier this year...he played better than Phinisee today honestly. Maybe only one defensive lapse and lots of good assist...he just needs to become a better shooter. Rob hit a huge shot to end the game but outside that Lander outplayed him.

3 minutes ago, DireBump said:

Freshman looked good, except lander got a little trigger happy. Some of those step back threes were really bad. I liked the play from our big guys too. Really hope we can string a couple wins together and get into tourney. Once we get in anything is possible 

Couple were end of shot clock. Couple were after ball reversals and I thought good looks...he just is a streaky shooter. Like Galloway...he isn’t a great shooter but he can get hot.

Really wish CAM would’ve left young guys in to start 2nd half. Instead we play the upperclassman guards and immediately blow the lead.

Regardless, happy for the win. Need to win at a bare minimum 1 one of the two on the road against NW and OSU, preferably both. 

Not a soul has mentioned it yet, but what a great job by Archie to let Armaan go make a play instead of drawing something up. He clearly feels comfortable with Armaan in ISO end of half/game situations and he trusted it, even though Armaan was bothered by the ankle. 

Also, mad props to Armaan who was clearly bothered but found a way to make an impact even before the last shot. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Not a soul has mentioned it yet, but what a great job by Archie to let Armaan go make a play instead of drawing something up. He clearly feels comfortable with Armaan in ISO end of half/game situations and he trusted it, even though Armaan was bothered by the ankle. 

Also, mad props to Armaan who was clearly bothered but found a way to make an impact even before the last shot. 

Glad you brought that up. Let the game flow and trust his guys. 

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

That was the best of end of half play we have had yet I think. Ran a couple for Al who can’t beat his man...a couple for Trayce but Armaan got to the center of the floor and let him read the defense...great play and great SPACING....that was the most important part no one could help. Also was important not to let Iowa set their defense. They aren’t good 1-1 defenders.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That was the best of end of half play we have had yet I think. Ran a couple for Al who can’t beat his man...a couple for Trayce but Armaan got to the center of the floor and let him read the defense...great play and great SPACING....that was the most important part no one could help. Also was important not to let Iowa set their defense. They aren’t good 1-1 defenders.

He did it against Illinois last game, too. 

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No one is upset at the win today. We are all happy Hoosier fans today! It just seems like every game is a microcosm of the season....some great moments...some really bad ones...some head scratching coaching decsisions with our rotations...in the end we won today...if we can start stringing together wins then you will see us headed in the right direction but we are pretty much 500...and that is the definition of no direction...it isn’t forward it isn’t backwards it isn’t up and it isn’t down. We’ve always had the ability to be better...I just hope we can put it all together and put the program changing discussion behind us...but we have to do it on the court.

There literally is a post in this thread by someone saying they are upset. 

There were plenty in the game thread piling on early and honestly, inventing things about how bad we looked. 

The reality is this team is 3 OT games against top 15 teams from being a top 15 team itself. That's REALLY close to turning the corner as a program yet many want to act like we are in the same spot now as we were Crean's last season. It's just absurd talk. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Haha. No problems. Knew it was coming. 

No honestly it was a great call by him. Most coaches call a timeout there...Iowa is not a great defensive team...don’t let them get their defense set...we have struggled all day in half court sets...was better off transition before they could get set up and in help position. I do credit Archie for that...called the right number to...could have went to a different play obviously too.

Archived