Iowa Postgame Thread

KDB

29 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Possibly an UNPOPULAR OPINION

Winning games like this makes me even more disgruntled about the state of the program. Absolutely no consistency from game to game. (Why am I sour? I have no idea.)

I'm honestly glad you can admit it. You're clearly far from the only one that is upset with the program winning. 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KoB2011 said:

There literally is a post in this thread by someone saying they are upset. 

There were plenty in the game thread piling on early and honestly, inventing things about how bad we looked. 

The reality is this team is 3 OT games against top 15 teams from being a top 15 team itself. That's REALLY close to turning the corner as a program yet many want to act like we are in the same spot now as we were Crean's last season. It's just absurd talk. 

No one is upset at the win...some may be upset we haven’t figured how to do what we did today in other games this year but no one is upset we actually won. I don’t think anyone is rooting for us to lose was my point. Still lots to be upset about. I’m not thrilled about our lineup decisions...but that doesn’t mean I’m mad we won. Anyways I don’t want to argue because I’m happy...so 🍻 

21 minutes ago, DireBump said:

Freshman looked good, except lander got a little trigger happy. Some of those step back threes were really bad. I liked the play from our big guys too. Really hope we can string a couple wins together and get into tourney. Once we get in anything is possible 

At least he isn't afraid to shoot.

Back to a graphic they showed during the game that or Strength of Schedule was 102nd.   I assuming this was derived from NET.  KenPom, a proven metric over the years has us with the 6th toughest.  How can the NET be so blatantly wrong.  And, could that hurt us come Selection Sunday?  

36 minutes ago, John S said:

Fells good to win close one.  but Miller needs to wake up. Rob and Al were 2-16.  Awful.   Play young guys.  

Lander was 1-6.

I actually agree with you, but I don't think Rob and Al are going to disappear. I do hope Lander takes a starting spot sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Back to a graphic they showed during the game that or Strength of Schedule was 102nd.   I assuming this was derived from NET.  KenPom, a proven metric over the years has us with the 6th toughest.  How can the NET be so blatantly wrong.  And, could that hurt us come Selection Sunday?  

Probably because those out of conference wins against big East opponents didn’t help us a lot. Also I don’t know how Florida St is only ranked 20th. They are better than that.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I’d love to see what the correlation of wins/losses when we attempt more than 20 threes in a game. 

Me too. Rob and Al have to take what's given, I don't care if they make them. There's no arguing that you can get some offensive rebounds off those misses. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Lander was 1-6.

I actually agree with you, but I don't think Rob and Al are going to disappear. I do hope Lander takes a starting spot sooner rather than later.

He isn't going to start this year; it's going to be like Race and Brunk last season. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Probably because those out of conference wins against big East opponents didn’t help us a lot. Also I don’t know how Florida St is only ranked 20th. They are better than that.

The big Ten Schedule alone should put us in the Top 50 and probably higher).  Throw in Florida State, Providence, and Stanford?  I would love to find the NET SOS metric to see who was 101st.  But, I can't find it anywhere.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

The big Ten Schedule alone should put us in the Top 50 and probably higher).  Throw in Florida State, Providence, and Stanford?  I would love to find the NET SOS metric to see who was 101st.  But, I can't find it anywhere.

Had to be a mistake. Can't find any other sos remotely close to that. 

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I have been looking at all that stuff myself.  Just keep winning I suppose.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No one is upset at the win...some may be upset we haven’t figured how to do what we did today in other games this year but no one is upset we actually won. I don’t think anyone is rooting for us to lose was my point. Still lots to be upset about. I’m not thrilled about our lineup decisions...but that doesn’t mean I’m mad we won. Anyways I don’t want to argue because I’m happy...so 🍻 

Ask my brother-in-law if he’s happy they won. He is so anti-Miller, I can’t stand being around him during IU games. 

Every Sunday after church, everyone has lunch at my wife’s parents and we all sit and watch Colts or IU games. 
He told me right after we beat Iowa the first time, he wished we lost. He said the more they win the more likely they will keep Archie. Duhhhh!  IMO, it’s a very ignorant attitude. 
I told my wife, “I’m going home after church and watch the game. I don’t want to hear him trashing the team and Archie!” 

38 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He had probably the best 5 mins of basketball to end the half of any Hoosier this year...he played better than Phinisee today honestly. Maybe only one defensive lapse and lots of good assist...he just needs to become a better shooter. Rob hit a huge shot to end the game but outside that Lander outplayed him.

That’s great. I wasn’t comparing him to Phinisee. I simply said the span I saw he needed to be back on the bench. But from a defensive perspective he’s nowhere near RP. 

Archived