Iowa Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Right on that line....1979 was the last time Iowa won a share of hoops title.

Yeah I was born in 79. Don’t have memories of the 81 team but 87 was the run that captured my heart and soul...and of course those 92-93 teams. Iowa has broke my heart a few times but never been the team I was afraid of.

2 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

At least he isn't afraid to shoot.

True. I like the confidence but he is good enough to get better looks. He ran the pick and roll at the top of the key really well, which led to a lot of easy points. Not trying to attack the player because I think he played well, but I disliked some of his shot selection. 

12 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

If you have one when the time comes 5fouls, you need the coffee cup emoji on your gravestone.

Everyone that knows me would be confused.  I literally have never drank a cup of coffee in my life.  I took one sip and swore it off forever.  It tasted that bad to me.  

13 minutes ago, DireBump said:

True. I like the confidence but he is good enough to get better looks. He ran the pick and roll at the top of the key really well, which led to a lot of easy points. Not trying to attack the player because I think he played well, but I disliked some of his shot selection. 

I do wish he would try to get into the lane to score. Develop a little runner.

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Ask my brother-in-law if he’s happy they won. He is so anti-Miller, I can’t stand being around him during IU games. 

Every Sunday after church, everyone has lunch at my wife’s parents and we all sit and watch Colts or IU games. 
He told me right after we beat Iowa the first time, he wished we lost. He said the more they win the more likely they will keep Archie. Duhhhh!  IMO, it’s a very ignorant attitude. 
I told my wife, “I’m going home after church and watch the game. I don’t want to hear him trashing the team and Archie!” 

I'd definitely 🤜>>>>face.

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Ask my brother-in-law if he’s happy they won. He is so anti-Miller, I can’t stand being around him during IU games. 

Every Sunday after church, everyone has lunch at my wife’s parents and we all sit and watch Colts or IU games. 
He told me right after we beat Iowa the first time, he wished we lost. He said the more they win the more likely they will keep Archie. Duhhhh!  IMO, it’s a very ignorant attitude. 
I told my wife, “I’m going home after church and watch the game. I don’t want to hear him trashing the team and Archie!” 

I never can understand that thinking at all because I want us to win and if Archie can gets us turned around that would be the best.  It is not like in the pros where a loss will get you a better draft pick.

I have learned one thing today is not to post in game threads because I tend to say stupid things.  I guess I care to much about us winning and losing that I lose focus that the game is not over with 15 minutes to go in the game.  Luckily my son and granddaughter got my house with about 12 minutes to go in the game so I got off the board.

The team battled to the end and played hard and it was nice to see TJD finally come to play late in the game.  Well I probably was wrong about letting the young guys finish the game because we would have not won if we did.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have learned one thing today is not to post in game threads because I tend to say stupid things.  I guess I care to much about us winning and losing that I lose focus that the game is not over with 15 minutes to go in the game.  Luckily my son and granddaughter got my house with about 12 minutes to go in the game so I got off the board.

The team battled to the end and played hard and it was nice to see TJD finally come to play late in the game.  Well I probably was wrong about letting the young guys finish the game because we would have not won if we did.

Ah, you're alright in my book Scottie...

Though I did think it funny when you wanted Dolson to fire Archie after half time...

I could tell you were into it!

Just now, IUFLA said:

Ah, you're alright in my book Scottie...

Though I did think it funny when you wanted Dolson to fire Archie after half time...

I could tell you were into it!

Just frustrated because you should reward good play by starting them in the second half.  RMK would always reward players if they cam off the bench and played great and they would start the second half.  Watched the 81 championship game and Kitchel went out after 5 minutes of the game and never saw the court again.  Jim Thomas played so well in the first half he played the whole second half,

Scott I am with you. I normally don’t, but was so frustrated the first Ten minutes of the game I turn it off. My wife said put it back on, I was being stupid. 
If Franklin is hurting that bad that this is the way he is going to play then play him a lot more sparingly until he can go full out. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Just frustrated because you should reward good play by starting them in the second half.  RMK would always reward players if they cam off the bench and played great and they would start the second half.  Watched the 81 championship game and Kitchel went out after 5 minutes of the game and never saw the court again.  Jim Thomas played so well in the first half he played the whole second half,

So here's what I think...

Once you do start the freshmen over the upper classmen, you've turned a bit of a corner. I don't think it's a good thing to do with this group during a game. As talented as our freshmen are, they're still a bit mercurial. I think if Archie did it during a game, he stands a chance of losing the upper class guards. And, we DO need them. I'm not sure I trust the freshmen in crunch the just yet. And as poorly as Al, Rob, and even Armaan played, at the end they made winning plays.

I think as long as the freshmen come in and contribute like they did today, the starting/minutes will play out about like they did today.

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So here's what I think...

Once you do start the freshmen over the upper classmen, you've turned a bit of a corner. I don't think it's a good thing to do with this group during a game. As talented as our freshmen are, they're still a bit mercurial. I think if Archie did it during a game, he stands a chance of losing the upper class guards. And, we DO need them. I'm not sure I trust the freshmen in crunch the just yet. And as poorly as Al, Rob, and even Armaan played, at the end they made winning plays.

I think as long as the freshmen come in and contribute like they did today, the starting/minutes will play out about like they did today.

I am not talking about starting them the n ext game but starting them to start the half.  The last two games we ended on a good run to take the lead into the half with some of the subs in.  Only to start the same starters who got us in the deficit in the first place.

Archived