Iowa Postgame Thread

KDB

13 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

well, i can agree that 8 is probably not enough, but when i see the statement we need to shoot more threes after a game we shoot 23 of them and only make 6, i'm skeptical.  thing is, if we're off from there like the game we started 0-11, do we really need to get to 23 attempts in a game like that?

The thing is...it doesn’t take hitting a bunch of them to get the defenses attention and force them to change or extend their defense. We were having so much trouble getting to the rim and finishing early in the game because Iowa was packing it in and contesting all those shots at the rim. Just took 3-4 of those 3s and it started to change the spacing. I agree we don’t need to shoot 30 3s but we need to force the defense to defend and extend out.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, madmax said:

Thinking about last nights game this morning and I think CAM isn't getting enough credit from us for how he has handled Lander this season. Like many on this board, I have been frustrated at times with his lack of minutes. For quite a long stretch of games he was basically playing 1 stretch between TV timeouts. But I think we're now starting to see the payoff. Can't imagine that this wasn't intentional with the limited "cupcake" games on the schedule this year. Basically CAM has been giving him small minutes to get him acclimated to this level, and is now rewarding his work and improvement with more run.

This. I think he should get credit for how he is doing with all the Frosh. Their first times out Leal, Geronimo, and Lander all looked like they didn't belong. 

7 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I think some guys like Leary and Dakich, in addition to trying to get clicks, sometimes suffer from glory days syndrome. They remember what they want. Leary averaged 7 minutes per game as a freshman and sophomore. The current freshman have each been getting abut twice that lately. Why did Leary come back?

To play devils advocate Leary also came in with and was behind possibly one of the top 3 greatest back courts Indiana has ever had. Graham, Graham, Chaney, Meeks, Reynolds, and then Bailey...that was a deep young team...it’s a bit different when your sitting behind Al Durham and Rob Phinisee two of the most disappointing players we’ve had in a long time. 

I agree though...I don’t like encouraging guys to transfer...you don’t have to be fake and say everything is ok in the Archie era but I don’t like undermining the team.

Sorry if already posted....

Did anybody listen to the post game presser? While talking about TJD in regards to his development and outstanding play so far, Archie said : "I think he [Trayce] has another year left in him".  In listening to other coverage that statement seems to have gone under the radar. I'm taking that to mean he's going to encourage TJD to stay, it's weird for coaches to talk about that publicly, no? 

7 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Did anybody listen to the post game presser? While talking about TJD in regards to his development and outstanding play so far, Archie said : "I think he [Trayce] has another year left in him".  In listening to other coverage that statement seems to have gone under the radar. I'm taking that to mean he's going to encourage TJD to stay, it's weird for coaches to talk about that publicly, no? 

5 minutes ago, Jam said:

He said gear not year

See what listening to that loud music will get ya @tdhoosier?

;) 

34 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I think ye are getting old, my friend. 😁

8 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

8 hours ago, Jam said:

He said gear not year

E32DA8BA-6449-44B7-9374-04B28A0D8E3F.gif.ed45720d23e76e6b8ea3ed1fedcdd27d.gif

Archived