Iowa Postgame Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

That scene from Christmas Vacation where all the board members are walking past Clark into a meeting room; that's how a I feel about a lot of you right now. 

What a freakin win. I don't care what ya'll say, we ARE going in the right direction, albeit slowly at times. 

Kiss my butt..kiss his butt..happy Hanukkah 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KDB said:

This win is so huge. 

Currently 10-8, (5-6 in conference).

Our next 5:

@ Northwestern

@ #7 OSU 

Minnesota

Michigan State

Rutgers

JUST W I N !!!!!

Exactly what I was saying earlier this week when the doom and gloom bus was full capacity. Get this one win and we can go on a run similar to what Rutgers just did. 

I'll let the negative folks hang out with themselves. Huge win today for the Hoosiers.

1 minute ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Possibly an UNPOPULAR OPINION

Winning games like this makes me even more disgruntled about the state of the program. Absolutely no consistency from game to game. (Why am I sour? I have no idea.)

It's not unpopular....I'm sure this will be one of the most liked post game thread comments by the tribe. 

I'd say just enjoy the w and see what this next week brings. No reason to turn every game into a state of the program thread like 6-7 of the folks on here like to do. 

Let's see:  Played tough in coming back from big deficits (2x)  Hit Free throws down the stretch;  Played lockdown D most of the game (Iowa shot 38% according to Fisch)  Trayce and Race played like men on both ends.  Only 9 TOs.  And another top 10 win.  Those things are enough to make ME happy.  Let's have some more of those... please

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

It's not unpopular....I'm sure this will be one of the most liked post game thread comments by the tribe. 

I'd say just enjoy the w and see what this next week brings. No reason to turn every game into a state of the program thread like 6-7 of the folks on here like to do. 

Fair. I don't have to make this bigger than it is. But at the heart of it, I've lost an element of caring... I'm really apathetic because big wins haven't snowballed into any sort of momentum before. JMHO.

Iowa gonna Iowa... It is absolutely hilarious to watch their overrated teams fall apart down the stretch every year.  Fran is a joke.

But it’s to IU’s benefit.  This was a must-win and will look good on the tournament resume.  Another good game from the freshmen and the bigs, and Franklin flashes the clutch gene again.  Gotta take advantage of this relatively soft stretch coming up.

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

That scene from Christmas Vacation where all the board members are walking past Clark into a meeting room; that's how a I feel about a lot of you right now. 

What a freakin win. I don't care what ya'll say, we ARE going in the right direction, albeit slowly at times. 

No one is upset at the win today. We are all happy Hoosier fans today! It just seems like every game is a microcosm of the season....some great moments...some really bad ones...some head scratching coaching decsisions with our rotations...in the end we won today...if we can start stringing together wins then you will see us headed in the right direction but we are pretty much 500...and that is the definition of no direction...it isn’t forward it isn’t backwards it isn’t up and it isn’t down. We’ve always had the ability to be better...I just hope we can put it all together and put the program changing discussion behind us...but we have to do it on the court.

8 minutes ago, John S said:

Fells good to win close one.  but Miller needs to wake up. Rob and Al were 2-16.  Awful.   Play young guys.  

He plays the young guys more and more every game. If you think he is going to go from giving Lander one two-minute stretch per game to playing him 30-minutes I don't know what to tell you, but I don't think a coach in America would do that with how Lander has played. He's letting him play gradually more each game and play through mistakes. 

8 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Possibly an UNPOPULAR OPINION

Winning games like this makes me even more disgruntled about the state of the program. Absolutely no consistency from game to game. (Why am I sour? I have no idea.)

Well, we get zero consistency from the upper class guards on the team. I’d be Ok with letting the freshman have their consistent baptism by fire for the rest of the season, while using the uppers for spot minutes. We have the one the the highest paid coaches in the country, and it’s time he started making these rough decisions. 

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Our starting 3 guards were 2-24 until Rob and Franklins makes in the last min. WOW.

I’m glad to see upperclass guys stepped up when they needed to. However, they’ve been playing terribly lately. Someone from the media needs to ask Archie why he stayed with the starting lineup for the start of the second half when guys like Lander, Geronimo, and Leal were pivotal in keeping that game close (or frankly why he doesn’t reward more playing time for guys that are in grooves/playing aggressive and confidently).

Archived