Iowa Postgame Thread

KDB

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Back to a graphic they showed during the game that or Strength of Schedule was 102nd.   I assuming this was derived from NET.  KenPom, a proven metric over the years has us with the 6th toughest.  How can the NET be so blatantly wrong.  And, could that hurt us come Selection Sunday?  

NET has always been awful. I know the official word is that the committee uses it, but there are no shortage of seedings and teams getting in that are a big departure from the NET, so I don't think it has as much weight as the ESPN types like to say it does.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit I was surprised with the win, but if we can win 3 of the next 4, we would really have to be happy about where we'd be.  Still no easy task though.  All of the freshmen have started playing more and more.  I really can't decide if I think we'd be better starting some of them and playing them starter minutes or not.  I mean Al and Rob would be the obvious ones to sit, but for who?  Leal and Lander?  I enjoy watching both of them come along and am excited to see what they are like next year, but if they start and play big minutes right now, I'm not sure.  I don't think we are really saying TJD, Race, or Armaan don't start for Geronimo or Galloway right?  I'm not at least.   I'd just like to see a much shorter leash on Al and Rob and minutes more evenly distributed I guess.  Like everyone else, I have no idea what to expect from here, but I'll be watching anxiously.  Still sitting at 8th in the conference, but win 3 out of 4 and we'd probably be sitting at 4th or 5th I guess?  Did anyone ever say what the deal with Hunter is?  

I wanted to see what the Iowa board was saying after game. They are almost  in full meltdown. After reading this Iowa post, it reads eerily similar to some of the posters on here. You could literally take out “Iowa” and “Coach Fran” and fill with “Indiana” and “Coach Miller”. Sad.....
What really got me was what the Iowa poster said about IU in the last sentence. Basically, not being able to beat the “LIKES” of IU one starter down. .....Sad that’s how we are viewed now.
Chishawk1425

Chishawk1425

HR Legend

I don't know what to think anymore. I like Fran and am thankful for what he did bringing us out of the biggest joke of all time situation we were in. But i'm sick of this shit as well, so much promise and another season of disappointment looming. I won't completely throw in the towel yet with a lot of season left and we are down a big time starter in CJ, but you have got to beat the likes of IU even down a starter. So ****ing frustrating and exhausting.

2 minutes ago, macomb hoosier said:

Durham's -13 was in 33 minutes. So, we outscored Iowa by 15 in the 7 minutes he didn't play.

Al should only be getting 15-20 minutes at this point. He's just not playing well offensively. He over dribbles and forces shots in the lane and is missing wide open 10 footers. 

This is just me daydreaming, but with our depth looking better and better, I go back to wishing we were a run on every possession team.  Seems like it would help scoring so much more.  If we stayed with the current starters, but subbed early and ran even more as we sub in the young guys and did it all game long, we'd wear teams down and be able to utilize guys more.  We all like seeing JG, KL, Leal, and Galloway more.  If Hunter gets back in the mix and possibly even Stewart?  I'm infamous for not liking to sub much, but with this team, I'd be fine with it as the starters are often not all that great anyway!

One other thing I'll say. Jordan Geronimo doesn't seem fazed one bit...almost embraces the challenges of guarding a guy like Garza. I don't have exact plus/minus stats but I felt like he was around or involved in 5-6 really important plays. Board, put back, rebound....same with almost everyone that played today. 

That run to end the first half was fun. Didn’t enjoy the start of the second half, but at least this team didn’t fold. I feel like Crean’s teams folded so often when it got tough in the second half. I don’t expect that with this bunch. 

Am a huge fan of the freshmen and can’t wait to see how they do next year. Hopefully with a TJD, Race, and Brunk front court. 

Very happy for Franklin with the game winner. Dude is going to be a stud next year. 

52 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:
I wanted to see what the Iowa board was saying after game. They are almost  in full meltdown. After reading this Iowa post, it reads eerily similar to some of the posters on here. You could literally take out “Iowa” and “Coach Fran” and fill with “Indiana” and “Coach Miller”. Sad.....
What really got me was what the Iowa poster said about IU in the last sentence. Basically, not being able to beat the “LIKES” of IU one starter down. .....Sad that’s how we are viewed now.
Chishawk1425

Chishawk1425

HR Legend

I don't know what to think anymore. I like Fran and am thankful for what he did bringing us out of the biggest joke of all time situation we were in. But i'm sick of this shit as well, so much promise and another season of disappointment looming. I won't completely throw in the towel yet with a lot of season left and we are down a big time starter in CJ, but you have got to beat the likes of IU even down a starter. So ****ing frustrating and exhausting.

Well we did come in at 9-8 and sub .500 in conference and they were once viewed as a possible Final Four team. If the situation was reversed we’d say the same

Archived