MileHi game ball award

One of the things I miss most about Ken is his post game awards.  I'd love to see someone pick this up and carry it on.  Someone earlier today posted a poll, so maybe it could be an honorary award voted on by the posters.  Anyway, my MileHi game ball award nomination for the Iowa game is Race Thompson!

Race was a beast!

As crazy as it sounds, Phin missed some bunnies and absolute easy shots, but when he drilled that 3 to tie it at 61, that was the play that COULD turn this season around.   The three starting guards opened up 1-20 shooting and ended 4-26.  

They hit them in the clutch.  Was happy to see that.   And hopefully Phin gets it roling.  

I'm going to give it to Geronimo.  Without his emergence and ability to give us quality minutes off the bench, we don't win this game.  His activity on the boards allowed us to get rebounds even if he personally did not get credit for them.  And, he made some really good cuts towards the basket to get himself good scoring looks.

Race is the MVP of this game and possibly the season.  He is steady and reliable.  He works his a$$ off and is an absolute beast in the lane defensively and on the glass....I also give him props for staying after the Illinois loss and shooting free throws.  It paid off today as he was 5 for 7 and we needed everyone of them !

1 hour ago, CTrojan88 said:

Race is the MVP of this game and possibly the season.  He is steady and reliable.  He works his a$$ off and is an absolute beast in the lane defensively and on the glass....I also give him props for staying after the Illinois loss and shooting free throws.  It paid off today as he was 5 for 7 and we needed everyone of them !

I will second this motion.

Play of the game would most obviously go to Franklin, but I think I'd actually give it to Rob for nailing the 3 with about 2 minutes left. That's a really difficult shot to make after not hitting anything all game. Props to him for having the confidence to nail it.

Player of the game for me would likely be also be Race. No way we win that game without his gritty defense, rebounding, and some big time shots as well.

Archived