Recruiting Question

I know we have a specific thread for this, but quite honestly, I forgot it was there and can't go back and read through all of that.  With Gunn's commitment, I was just looking at recruits in 2022.  Seems Washington would be a huge priority.  Is he the highest ranked kid we have mutual interest with?  What's the story on Kamari Lands?  Are we in with any highly ranked out of state kids right now?  Anyone able to give me a quick realistic priority order for 2022?

I would love to get, Washington. Unfortunately right now it looks like Purdue and Michigan State are heavily involved. It seems like every recruit I research that Iu has interest in, Purdue also has interest in. I think Washington is the highest ranked that we have a shot to get I could be wrong though. 

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I tried to do quick research.  I see

Jalen Washington

Tre Holloman

Shawn Phillips

Rodney Rice

No idea how we stand with any of them though.  No idea if there are others in the top 100?

I'm curious why we're not involved with Kamari Lands too?

It seems the program has gotten really tight-lipped. The only reason we knew about Gunn is because evidently him and his family personally were not.

1 hour ago, Hoosier83 said:

I would love to get, Washington. Unfortunately right now it looks like Purdue and Michigan State are heavily involved. It seems like every recruit I research that Iu has interest in, Purdue also has interest in. I think Washington is the highest ranked that we have a shot to get I could be wrong though. 

There definitely seems to have been more overlap in the last few years than their was before. Both wanted Furst and Kaufman (we both recruited Wesley originally until both cooled). In this class, we both wanted Bruce Thornton and both want Jalen Washington. I know we liked Alex Karaban but he’s not a take for us right now and I know he’s high on your list. AJ Casey too but that’s likely a longshot for both. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

There definitely seems to have been more overlap in the last few years than their was before. Both wanted Furst and Kaufman (we both recruited Wesley originally until both cooled). In this class, we both wanted Bruce Thornton and both want Jalen Washington. I know we liked Alex Karaban but he’s not a take for us right now and I know he’s high on your list. AJ Casey too but that’s likely a longshot for both. 

Both wanted Galloway and Lander. 

Both wanted Jackson-Davis and Franklin.

Overlap is always there.

1 minute ago, cybergates said:

Both wanted Galloway and Lander. 

Both wanted Jackson-Davis and Franklin.

Overlap is always there.

I know Painter really liked Galloway but I believe he was below Ivey and Morton on the priority list. If either of them had gone elsewhere I think he would’ve gone after him harder for sure. Agree re the always there part. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

I know Painter really liked Galloway but I believe he was below Ivey and Morton on the priority list. If either of them had gone elsewhere I think he would’ve gone after him harder for sure. Agree re the always there part. 

Yeah no idea on Painter's priorities, but all 4 had offers according to 247. Newman and Morton are two more overlap that I didn't mention as well...

Archived