2022 ATH Dasan McCullough Commits to Indiana

Hoosierfan1901

Obviously would never fault a kid for picking dream school and great program. But picking a school that you can display your talent and continue the upward  trajectory especially to the top has to be intriguing. Especially with your father as a coach. And with early playing time. Hope he considers the program. We have a lot to offer. 

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Rivals think he sticking with the Buckeyes, do t really blame him, since that’s the school he really likes. However, we could snag his younger brothers, who have been reported good athletes 

A lot can change between now and then. If their LB coach leaves and we find a way to beat them on the field, that I think will go a long way...coupled with the fact that he’ll be surrounded by IU fans for the next year and getting a firsthand account of how special this program has become. 

On 2/11/2021 at 4:04 PM, Hoosier82 said:

A lot can change between now and then. If their LB coach leaves and we find a way to beat them on the field, that I think will go a long way...coupled with the fact that he’ll be surrounded by IU fans for the next year and getting a firsthand account of how special this program has become. 

Their LB Coach stated he was staying at OSU

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

• 2 months later...

My take on this currently is that he wants the challenge and bright lights of OSU football and won’t be flipping unless somehow his parents convince him to; however, no one knows if Deland and his wife would even push that on him.
I can kinda see it both ways as my dad and older brother are both Purdue alumns but there was 0% chance of me going there...that being said, if my dad’s paycheck and thus the food on my table came from Purdue, I can’t imagine he’d be supportive of me going to a rival school and actively challenging his career.
If it were me, I’d have to either flip to IU or go play for a team in a different conference. Will be very interesting to see how this plays out. 

3 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

My take on this currently is that he wants the challenge and bright lights of OSU football and won’t be flipping unless somehow his parents convince him to; however, no one knows if Deland and his wife would even push that on him.
I can kinda see it both ways as my dad and older brother are both Purdue alumns but there was 0% chance of me going there...that being said, if my dad’s paycheck and thus the food on my table came from Purdue, I can’t imagine he’d be supportive of me going to a rival school and actively challenging his career.
If it were me, I’d have to either flip to IU or go play for a team in a different conference. Will be very interesting to see how this plays out. 

I dont think DeLand or his wife will say much at all to him. If he is convinced to flip to IU... it will be Tom Allen, Charlton Warren, Aaron Wellman, and LEO. 

49 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

This has to be one of the only situations where an assistant coach with highly ranked kids is hired and the fans are understanding of them not all following. I think that’s just proof of how good DeLand is. 

Yes. It shows incredible character and integrity. He's allowing his son(s) to do what's best for them, not necessarily what's best for his own career.

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

This has to be one of the only situations where an assistant coach with highly ranked kids is hired and the fans are understanding of them not all following. I think that’s just proof of how good DeLand is. 

Hard for anyone to argue with a football player going to Bama, LSU, Oklahoma, Clemson, UGA, OSU imo.