2022 ATH Dasan McCullough Commits to Indiana

Hoosierfan1901

10 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Best part? Dasan is apparently pretty close with Caden Curry... Wonder if he helps us in our attempt to get him to Bloomington.

I've read that Dasan was really recruiting kids hard to go to OSU. I'm sure he'll be all over Curry. Couldn't fathom getting both of them in the same class. 

• Like 3

I was searching for articles that mentioned Dasan and Curry together, and came across this from August.   The author said there had been more than one time that Curry told him he had strong interest in 3 schools...OSU, Bama, and IU.  That was from before last season.  I would hope Curry was one of the first ones to know Dasan was switching to IU.

• Like 5

This is HUGE for the program. He's a borderline 5-star recruit. If you go and look at the list of kids in his class committed at this point in time, every other single recruit is committed to a blue-blood program. 

This commitment, coupled with another strong season, could really open the recruiting floodgates.

I see some really good times ahead for IU football!

• Like 2

From an article on the IU rivals site...

His plans to recruit other players to Indiana:

“I am pretty excited to let them know what we are building here, especially some of the top players in Indiana for whom this is home to them. I’ll just be letting them know this is a real family here and coach Allen is doing a great job. I will be here for everybody’s official visits (in June)."

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

From an article on the IU rivals site...

His plans to recruit other players to Indiana:

“I am pretty excited to let them know what we are building here, especially some of the top players in Indiana for whom this is home to them. I’ll just be letting them know this is a real family here and coach Allen is doing a great job. I will be here for everybody’s official visits (in June)."

That will be awesome with him being in Bloomington and being around for visits. Having some guys on visits who are already committed can be a big boost. When it is a top 50 guy in the country, could be huge. 

• Like 1

I fully agree with the OSU fans that they'll replace him with a great player. There's a distinct possibility that player won't be as good as Dasan. 

There's mention of him playing Cam Jones spot. Wherever you can get him on the field that his instincts can take over .. that spot or husky seem like natural fits. 

He'll be used everywhere. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I fully agree with the OSU fans that they'll replace him with a great player. There's a distinct possibility that player won't be as good as Dasan. 

There's mention of him playing Cam Jones spot. Wherever you can get him on the field that his instincts can take over .. that spot or husky seem like natural fits. 

He'll be used everywhere. 

Do I need to order my Rose Bowl tickets?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2022/dasan-mccullough-216244

Dasan's Rivals profile. He has been as high as 21st on their overall list. Currently sits at 34th.  

I know it's probably unrealistic,  but you look at a potential defense that has Moore, the three McCullough boys, Curry, Strickland,  and Trevell Mullen....wow

• Like 3

I get the allure of playing for one of the football bluebloods.  But this isn’t your father’s IU for football anymore.  Our facilities have improved.  Our stadium looks beautiful now.  You’ve got a phenomenal coach who has your back, will respect you, teach you about life and being a man, and will develop you.  Football will be fun.  You play as good of a schedule as you could want and you will be seen and easily projectable by NFL scouts.   The athletic director is all in and is supporting the program greatly as we’ve paid up for assistants and literally have a strength coach that we pulled from the NFL.  IU football can absolutely be a great decision for any young man who is on board with these priorities. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I get the allure of playing for one of the football bluebloods.  But this isn’t your father’s IU for football anymore.  Our facilities have improved.  Our stadium looks beautiful now.  You’ve got a phenomenal coach who has your back, will respect you, teach you about life and being a man, and will develop you.  Football will be fun.  You play as good of a schedule as you could want and you will be seen and easily projectable by NFL scouts.   The athletic director is all in and us supporting the program greatly as we’ve paid up for assistants and literally have a strength coach that we pulled from the NFL.  IU football can absolutely be a great decision for any young man who is on board with these priorities. 

Great analysis.  The ball is rolling for some major in-state recruits to stay home and take this to the next level. It doesn't hurt that Coach Allen is a media darling right now and garners great press and praise.  Get a couple more studs,  and it's gonna blow up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1