2022 ATH Dasan McCullough Commits to Indiana

Hoosierfan1901

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I get the allure of playing for one of the football bluebloods.  But this isn’t your father’s IU for football anymore.  Our facilities have improved.  Our stadium looks beautiful now.  You’ve got a phenomenal coach who has your back, will respect you, teach you about life and being a man, and will develop you.  Football will be fun.  You play as good of a schedule as you could want and you will be seen and easily projectable by NFL scouts.   The athletic director is all in and is supporting the program greatly as we’ve paid up for assistants and literally have a strength coach that we pulled from the NFL.  IU football can absolutely be a great decision for any young man who is on board with these priorities. 

With the staff we have, there isn't that drop off in coaching from the big schools to us anymore.  We have some really terrific position coaches, coordinators, and strength guys.  Multiple guys with NFL experience, 2 previous coordinators taking head coaching jobs, tons of P5 experience.  I'd put our entire staff up against anybody in the conference.  Not saying we'd have the best, but I think ours could hold their own with anybody's staff right now.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • KDB changed the title to 2022 ATH Dasan McCullough Commits to Indiana
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

247 has him listed as an edge rusher.  Where do we think he'll play primarily?

I could be wrong, it has happened before...but I am guessing he will be a Bull.  LB/DE combo. 

He is such a tremendous talent,  just put him out there and let him make plays.

With the guys committed,  if we manage to add a guy like Curry or Kelly to the dline, and flip Allen at safety...wow.  Tremendous defensive group in this class.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I could be wrong, it has happened before...but I am guessing he will be a Bull.  LB/DE combo. 

He is such a tremendous talent,  just put him out there and let him make plays.

With the guys committed,  if we manage to add a guy like Curry or Kelly to the dline, and flip Allen at safety...wow.  Tremendous defensive group in this class.

Agree, I think someone with his talent can be put into multiple positions and succeed and prevent other teams from game planning for a said individual.  

• Like 1

As he matures, I think he can come off the edge.  If he gets to 250 lb, he’s got a Jason Taylor frame. If his frame suggests he is too skinny for that, then I agree on WLB.  But Taylor probably was 245 when he entered the NFL at 6’6. I doubt he ever got past 260lb. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno

7 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Imagine Cooper inside, Curry at LDE, Dasan flying off the edge.  Throw in some stunts. That’s going to be brutal to block.   They will get pressure, which will lead to takeaways, which leads to…..wins.  

I agree, establishing this threat will be difference maker for taking IU into the upper echelon of college football.  We already have a secondary that is equipped to take advantage of DL pressure, which will be significantly enhanced with greater play disruption.

Looking at the bigger picture, one of the largest remaining factors for IU being considered as a major player in recruiting is the ability to establish a pipeline to the NFL for higher profile players.  Imagine the highlight footage when our pressure ability catches up to the opportunistic (takeaways) and coverage abilities that have already taken root in the secondary.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, boog23 said:

Dasan isn't gonna play Husky.   You said Husky or WLB (Cam Jones).  I was was being a smart ass and saying not Husky by naming Lino.  Horrible reference,  I guess.

Nope. Completely my fault lol 

But in real.. Dasan will play EVERYWHERE. Love he's getting on campus in December. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...