2022 ATH Dasan McCullough Commits to Indiana

Hoosierfan1901

On 8/3/2021 at 7:55 AM, boog23 said:

Dasan isn't gonna play Husky.   You said Husky or WLB (Cam Jones).  I was was being a smart ass and saying not Husky by naming Lino.  Horrible reference,  I guess.

You may wanna ask Dasan first because he’s gonna play wherever he wants on the defensive side of the ball. I also don’t hate the idea of him playing TE2 in the red zone or situationally if he wants to. Kid is an absolute freak of an athlete 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

You may wanna ask Dasan first because he’s gonna play wherever he wants on the defensive side of the ball. I also don’t hate the idea of him playing TE2 in the red zone or situationally if he wants to. Kid is an absolute freak of an athlete 

I'd be interested to see how much weight he can put on going into Frosh year. He could be an elite Edge rusher with that reaction speed.

46 minutes ago, B_A said:

I'd be interested to see how much weight he can put on going into Frosh year. He could be an elite Edge rusher with that reaction speed.

He’s not going to play as a bull rusher at IU. He’s going to be a stinger LB. that’s been the plan since he committed and hasn’t changed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

He’s not going to play as a bull rusher at IU. He’s going to be a stinger LB. that’s been the plan since he committed and hasn’t changed.

Correct, but could you imagine what he could do at 265 with the skill set he currently has?

I'm not arguing his current plan, but Mike Tyson says it best. Just playing the hypothetical game with him. For years, we couldn't have these convos. It's fun seeing how the program has evolved. 

Edited by B_A

Just now, B_A said:

Correct, but could you imagine what he could do at 265 with the skill set he currently has?

I'm not arguing his current plan, but Mike Tyson says it best.

Sure. He could also very well end up being an Isaiah Simmons from Clemson type difference maker at LB 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B_A said:

Who knows? I absolutely agree but things like that don’t always work out. I’ve seen guys desperately try to add weight at that age and it doesn’t work. The great thing about Desan is we don’t “need” him to change anything, no matter how he develops, there’s a spot on the field for him and he’ll excel at it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Who knows? I absolutely agree but things like that don’t always work out. I’ve seen guys desperately try to add weight at that age and it doesn’t work. The great thing about Desan is we don’t “need” him to change anything, no matter how he develops, there’s a spot on the field for him and he’ll excel at it. 

Agree, the fact we are getting this "type" of player who has both raw and developed skills makes the future soo much more exciting to be apart of...it's a great day to be a Hoosier!!

5 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Sure. He could also very well end up being an Isaiah Simmons from Clemson type difference maker at LB 

I was envisioning a JJ Watt comparison but Dasan has more developed skills in comparing apples to apples.....

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/jj-watts-gamble-to-change-position-and-walk-on-at-wisconsin-paid-off/#:~:text=J.J. Watt started his college football career as,site is not authorized to display this video.

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Love this pic!!!! What an awesome opportunity for every single player on that field, with dreams of playing college football, to play and showcase their talents in front of CTA and Co. I’m sure most, if not all, Bloomington South/North football players would be honored to play at IU and CTA if given the opportunity. While watching his future recruits play, CTA has the opportunity to see other, less know player's that strike his attention. Even if he doesn’t see them playing at IU, most “honorable” coaches look out for fellow coaches for players too. 

• Like 1