IU at Northwestern Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

The Bloomington Fire Department better be ready, then, because I think we lose this one. 

I don't see it. 

• We've generally played better on the road than at home. 
  • Our freshmen are much more reliable than they were early in the conference season.
  • Northwestern was confident when they played us the first time.  They are anything but that now.

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't see it. 

• We've generally played better on the road than at home. 
  • Our freshmen are much more reliable than they were early in the conference season.
  • Northwestern was confident when they played us the first time.  They are anything but that now.

We've lost to a lot of bad teams in the Archie Miller era, and we typically don't play well after a big win. If we do win, I could see it being like the Nebraska game, where we come out on fire and think we're actually going to win going away, then somehow find ourselves trailing with about 5 minutes left. 

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Not that this means anything to probably anyone but me, but...

IU going to Evanston will always hold a special place in my heart. My youngest daughter and I use to make the trek from the Chicagoland suburbs every year from 2001 til we moved to Houston in 2013. It was always a great time win or lose. She's 25 and married, but every phone conversation begins with, "How are our Hoosiers doing?" Such a great kid...

The upper rim was always filled with Hoosier fans. Such great memories. My favorite of course was when Rod Wilmont scorched the nets for 31 (9-13 from 3!) in 2007...What a show!

Anyway, digging through some old photos and found these...from 2010...Crean's second team. We lost, but still, me, my girl, and IU basketball...Can't beat that...

014.thumb.JPG.6dee7e8eb95ce29d892726eb5f7261de.JPG016.thumb.JPG.49ec9f10e6c0fc323be71383fa280db1.JPG

I've went to a number of games there as well. Between NW and the BTT, I've been able to get my IU fix in. I have 2 memories that stick out from there. The first was my son getting lost as the game ended. It took me 10 minutes to find him in the crowd. One of my scariest Dad moments. On the other end of the spectrum, my wife bought me first row tickets for my Birthday a few years back. We were a few rows in front of Yogi mom right at the corner of the announcers table. Got there early for warmups but IIRC, we lost that one.

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Not that this means anything to probably anyone but me, but...

IU going to Evanston will always hold a special place in my heart. My youngest daughter and I use to make the trek from the Chicagoland suburbs every year from 2001 til we moved to Houston in 2013. It was always a great time win or lose. She's 25 and married, but every phone conversation begins with, "How are our Hoosiers doing?" Such a great kid...

The upper rim was always filled with Hoosier fans. Such great memories. My favorite of course was when Rod Wilmont scorched the nets for 31 (9-13 from 3!) in 2007...What a show!

Anyway, digging through some old photos and found these...from 2010...Crean's second team. We lost, but still, me, my girl, and IU basketball...Can't beat that...

014.thumb.JPG.6dee7e8eb95ce29d892726eb5f7261de.JPG016.thumb.JPG.49ec9f10e6c0fc323be71383fa280db1.JPG

I've went to a number of games there as well. Between NW and the BTT, I've been able to get my IU fix in. I have 2 memories that stick out from there. The first was my son getting lost as the game ended. It took me 10 minutes to find him in the crowd. One of my scariest Dad moments. On the other end of the spectrum, my wife bought me first row tickets for my Birthday a few years back. We were a few rows in front of Yogi mom right at the corner of the announcers table. Got there early for warmups but IIRC, we lost that one.

6 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

I get it! But I’m an old dude with a full time job and a commitment to my own fun time, so 9pm weekday starts are much less must see TV for me. But 5:30 is the start of cocktail hour, and I love a cocktail hour/IU game combo. 

I have to start drinking at tipoff of IU games so thats cocktail hour. Sunday noon game, cocktail hour. Tuesday 9pm tip, cocktail hour. :coffee:

There are ways to defeat Indiana: 1. Slow or stop our guards; 2. Pound on TJD.

If Phin brings the ball across half court slowly and doesn't or can't distribute the ball the game will be played uphill. Lander may not be ready for prime time but he sure gets the ball in play more quickly than Phin.  Archie has to deal with getting the ball into the offense more quickly or we may lose because of it.

If there is a threat to double TJD or if he gets pushed and elbowed severely and continuously then he won't hustle back on defense and he won't rebound well and won't fight to put the ball in the bucket.

I say the team is starting to hit 3's and our coach will make the adjustment when NW stops Phin.  

Indiana wins in a squeaker...IU 73, NW 69.

IU makes a statement and it is tournament bound!

Rye/bourbon, Fat Tire or Shiner Bock, Topper's Rhum - St. Martin.

55 minutes ago, Air Ball said:

There are ways to defeat Indiana: 1. Slow or stop our guards; 2. Pound on TJD.

If Phin brings the ball across half court slowly and doesn't or can't distribute the ball the game will be played uphill. Lander may not be ready for prime time but he sure gets the ball in play more quickly than Phin.  Archie has to deal with getting the ball into the offense more quickly or we may lose because of it.

If there is a threat to double TJD or if he gets pushed and elbowed severely and continuously then he won't hustle back on defense and he won't rebound well and won't fight to put the ball in the bucket.

I say the team is starting to hit 3's and our coach will make the adjustment when NW stops Phin.  

Indiana wins in a squeaker...IU 73, NW 69.

IU makes a statement and it is tournament bound!

Rye/bourbon, Fat Tire or Shiner Bock, Topper's Rhum - St. Martin.

I've got some Fat Tire here as well- will go with either that or a 3 Floyd's Robert the Bruce

Archived