2018 IU Football Schedule( subject to change?)

On 12/28/2017 at 9:50 AM, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Agreed. MSU and Penn State games should be tough as well, but we are on at least even footing with all the rest.

MSU has something like 19 starters coming back, including all of their skill position players. I would put them up there as a favorite to win the B1G East next year.

We will have to win all non-conference games, beat MD and Rutgers, and then win one of the games vs. the B1G West opponents to be bowl eligible next year.  Even with Allen's improved recruiting, I don't see us beating any of the big 4 from our division. 

Both Iowa and Purdue are home games next year. Both are coming off bowl victories at the end of this season. I would give us a better chance to beat Iowa than PU, unfortunately. Also think that it will be difficult to go up to Minneapolis and beat the Gophers.

On 12/27/2017 at 10:44 PM, 5fouls said:

Not a Purdue complex at all.  Jeff Brohm is a fantastic coach.  Watched him some while he was at Western Kentucky.  Watching him tonight dismantle Arizona's defense.  The only good thing about having him at Purdue is he won't be there long until a big name school hires him away.

I agree that Brohm is a fantastic coach.  Being from the Louisville area I enjoyed watching him  play at Trinity in H.S. and at UL in College.  I suspect that he will most likely move on from PU in another 2-3 years.  I wish he would let up on the trick plays.  In my opinion the one at the end of the first half in the bowl game was bush league. 

38 minutes ago, Dr. Jones said:

I agree that Brohm is a fantastic coach.  Being from the Louisville area I enjoyed watching him  play at Trinity in H.S. and at UL in College.  I suspect that he will most likely move on from PU in another 2-3 years.  I wish he would let up on the trick plays.  In my opinion the one at the end of the first half in the bowl game was bush league. 

Why should he let up on the trick plays? They work and they can have a big impact on the game (see fake punt versus IU). I’m curious to hear why it was bush league. Brohm ran the same play when he was at WKU right before the half so there was clearly video evidence of it. If neither Brohm nor anyone on Purdue told the refs they were going to take a knee, then it’s not bush league. If the refs assumed Purdue would take a knee and told Rich Rod, that’s on them. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Jones said:

Define "bush league" from your standpoint.

2 hours ago, Dr. Jones said:

How is that bush league

20 hours ago, rico said:

Define "bush league" from your standpoint.

"a playing style that is not respectable or sportsmanlike, but technically not breaking any rules of the game."

So in the future when Purdue lines up in this formation will the opposing defense need to wait and see if they actually take a knee or blast through the line tackle the QB and risk a penalty?     

16 minutes ago, Dr. Jones said:

"a playing style that is not respectable or sportsmanlike, but technically not breaking any rules of the game."

So in the future when Purdue lines up in this formation will the opposing defense need to wait and see if they actually take a knee or blast through the line tackle the QB and risk a penalty?     

Perhaps the defense will be smart next time and realize that if there’s almost a minute left on the clock and Purdue has the ball, there’s a pretty good shot Brohm isn’t taking a knee. Especially now that there are two examples of this trick play on film for opposing teams. If they blast through the line and get the QB, then that’s on Purdue. 

But no it’s not bush league. Dick Rod should’ve been prepared for it and he wasn’t. 

20 minutes ago, Dr. Jones said:

JSMH

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Perhaps the defense will be smart next time and realize that if there’s almost a minute left on the clock and Purdue has the ball, there’s a pretty good shot Brohm isn’t taking a knee. Especially now that there are two examples of this trick play on film for opposing teams. If they blast through the line and get the QB, then that’s on Purdue. 

But no it’s not bush league. Dick Rod should’ve been prepared for it and he wasn’t. 

I see your point

Archived