Northwestern Post-Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In game coaching and play calling by Archie in the last 10 mins of game and OT was really good. Team preparation and having them ready to play not great. This game was a microcosm of our entire season. Lucky we played who we did tonight because most other teams in the B1G would have blown us out.

There was a point where it was getting late in regulation and Rob missed the front end of a one and one free throw.  I ripped off a spontaneous string of expletives that a Marine Corps drill sergeant would have taken notes on to learn from me.  Luckily I was in a room with the door shut and no kids around. 

After that we played pretty tough.  I mean it looked fairly bleak. I’m sure those probability charts would have had us at an 85% chance of a loss.  

As frustrating as much of it was, we did have some very clutch defense where we got huge stops.  

Archie played the foul game well.  

I will take the W.  A lot to complain about but we didn’t fold our tents. I wouldn’t want to play on the edge like that again because we are very, very fortunate.  

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I'm extremely concerned as to why Archie can't get this team ready to play consistently. 

On the flip side, he really is excellent at drawing up good plays out of timeouts. We consistently get great, open looks out of timeouts. 

I agree 💯. I didn’t think Crean was terrible after a timeout either though. There’s a lot other issues that are mind blowing. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

In game coaching and play calling by Archie in the last 10 mins of game and OT was really good. Team preparation and having them ready to play not great. This game was a microcosm of our entire season. Lucky we played who we did tonight because most other teams in the B1G would have blown us out.

Several very good play calls from Archie this game.

Just another in the long list of very confusing bipolarities about him as a coach and this team. 

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

There was a point where it was getting late in regulation and Rob missed the front end of a free throw.  I ripped off a spontaneous string of expletives that a Marine Corps drill sergeant would have taken notes on to learn from me.  Luckily I was in a room with the door shut and no kids around. 

After that we played pretty tough.  I mean it looked fairly bleak. I’m sure those probability charts would have had us at an 85% chance of a loss.  

As frustrating as much of it was, we result did have some very clutch defense where we got huge stops.  

Archie played the foul game well.  

I will take the W.  A lot to complain about but we didn’t fold our tents. I wouldn’t want to play on the edge like that again.  

I want to see the win probability graph....can’t be but a minute of red lol.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My question is why do you even bother watching and coming here and commenting if you don't care ab out them.  I am not happy how we played the first 30 minutes but they kept working and came back to win the game.  

Also don't let the door hot in you on you a$$$$ on the way out.

Dang Scott, you've been sassy lately.  Still mad at loser Leary? Lol.

Just playin around. You've given me some good chuckles the last few days. And made some good points. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm extremely concerned as to why Archie can't get this team ready to play consistently. 

On the flip side, he really is excellent at drawing up good plays out of timeouts. We consistently get great, open looks out of timeouts. 

To bad we can't call a TO before every possession

4 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Dang Scott, you've been sassy lately.  Still mad at loser Leary? Lol.

Just playin around. You've given me some good chuckles the last few days. And made some good points. 

Well when he comes hear to say he doesn't care about this team yet he is still here ripping the team.

Archived