Ohio State Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hoosier83 said:

Is it to extreme to say this game will make or break our season??? 

Yes. A loss here doesn’t kill us. It helps a ton. But wins over Rutgers, MSU, and Minny mean a lot due to them being close to us in standings. We lose osu and win those three we will be in good shape. Every game here on out is important. But losing to osu isn’t going to end out season. I’m still thing we need to get to 10 big ten wins to feel good about making the tournament. However we get them I don’t care. Obviously wanna beat Purdue and osu for me personally ( I live in Ohio and all the bandwagon osu football fans start to watch basketball when osu is good), but 10 wins I think gets us in the tournament. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Yes. A loss here doesn’t kill us. It helps a ton. But wins over Rutgers, MSU, and Minny mean a lot due to them being close to us in standings. We lose osu and win those three we will be in good shape. Every game here on out is important. But losing to osu isn’t going to end out season. I’m still thing we need to get to 10 big ten wins to feel good about making the tournament. However we get them I don’t care. Obviously wanna beat Purdue and osu for me personally ( I live in Ohio and all the bandwagon osu football fans start to watch basketball when osu is good), but 10 wins I think gets us in the tournament. 

Fair enough 

5 minutes ago, Hoosier83 said:

IMO, it has the ability to continue our season hopes, But I am not sure a loss will break anything. This is because I don't know the algebra that it takes to calculate expected improvement +/- a guantlet conference +/- under performing players +/- a pandemic and postponed games +/- continual systemic improvement = (acceptable season/2) . ... I just can't really tell if it is or not a make or break. 

Yea this got way complicated. :)  

20 minutes ago, Hoosier83 said:

Yes. Very extreme.

IU saved their season with wins vs Iowa and last night. Ohio St is whatever. We win awesome...we lose and beat Sparty/Minnesota next week we are firmly on the 8/9 line....still. 

Nothing against you personally at all. But every game isn't a state of the program game. Evaluate after the season. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yes. Very extreme.

IU saved their season with wins vs Iowa and last night. Ohio St is whatever. We win awesome...we lose and beat Sparty/Minnesota next week we are firmly on the 8/9 line....still. 

Nothing against you personally at all. But every game isn't a state of the program game. Evaluate after the season. 

It was a question to see what other people thought. I never said I personally thought it was. Thank you for your thoughts, that’s all I was asking for. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier83 said:

I agree. I haven’t watched OSU at all this year but according some posters this is a favorable matchup 

As others have said. I think it's favorable because they don't have interior D guys to beat TJD/Race. I'm like you...haven't watched Ohio St much except for their win at Illinois. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier83 said:

I agree. I haven’t watched OSU at all this year but according some posters this is a favorable matchup 

It is, and I think it's a good yardstick for us to measure where we're at...

We've won a couple of close ones now it's time to see of those lessons are sticking against a good team...

Archived