Fort Worth Accident

Inequality

Thinking of our friends in Texas. @IUFLA @Hoosierhoopster and anyone else in that area. I’m not sure what part of Texas you fellas are in. Fort Worth area is all I’ve seen so far.

There is a viral video showing some of the tragic pile up. I can’t imagine being the one holding that phone and feeling helpless while witnessing such a horrific accident.

Prayers to all

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Thinking of our friends in Texas. @IUFLA @Hoosierhoopster and anyone else in that area. I’m not sure what part of Texas you fellas are in. Fort Worth area is all I’ve seen so far.

There is a viral video showing some of the tragic pile up. I can’t imagine being the one holding that phone and feeling helpless while witnessing such a horrific accident.

Prayers to all

I'm down near Houston and I believe @Hoosierhoopster is too. I saw the video. Tragic. Texans aren't use to driving on ice, so it was double trouble.

We have a cold rain going right now. I just blanketed the horses because it's supposed to get down to 39 here. But no ice or snow. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm down near Houston and I believe @Hoosierhoopster is too. I saw the video. Tragic. Texans aren't use to driving on ice, so it was double trouble.

We have a cold rain going right now. I just blanketed the horses because it's supposed to get down to 39 here. But no ice or snow. 

If you’ve seen the video I’m wondering if your familiar with that area of interstate. Those trucks were traveling really fast. I’m assuming on a long downward grade? I know the roads are slick of course but I’m trying to understand how so many people couldn’t react differently. Headline I seen was 55 vehicles involved.

1 hour ago, Inequality said:

If you’ve seen the video I’m wondering if your familiar with that area of interstate. Those trucks were traveling really fast. I’m assuming on a long downward grade? I know the roads are slick of course but I’m trying to understand how so many people couldn’t react differently. Headline I seen was 55 vehicles involved.

Yeah, I've driven up that way a few times. Lots of roadwork going on on I-35 all the time.

I always hated driving on ice. Snow, no issue.

But that's just the way Texans drive. I always tell people there's a reason Texas always leads the nation in auto related deaths. Throw ice in there, and, sadly, that accident doesn't surprise me...

Wild video. Cant imagine being in the middle of that. 

When I was 16, been driving a month, I was rear ended on a highway by a truck twice mines size. I was stopped turning left. They drilled me, estimated at 60+ mph. Cop saw it as he was passing.

Unimaginable what those people felt looking in their rearview. 

3 hours ago, Inequality said:

Prayers to all

Really sad and awful. It’s I35 W in the Dallas - Fort Worth area just outside downtown I think it was the expressway, over 130 vehicles. @IUFLAand I are on the greater Houston area, appreciate the thoughts. Texans in the Dallas - Fort Worth area have more experience than Southeast Texans with ice storms and some snow but no chance on ice-slicked roads, and yeah people drive really fast here and especially on the interstates.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 7:45 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

Really sad and awful. It’s I35 W in the Dallas - Fort Worth area just outside downtown I think it was the expressway, over 130 vehicles. @IUFLAand I are on the greater Houston area, appreciate the thoughts. Texans in the Dallas - Fort Worth area have more experience than Southeast Texans with ice storms and some snow but no chance on ice-slicked roads, and yeah people drive really fast here and especially on the interstates.

Glad you're both okay. 

Unrelated, but I hope this trend of you not posting on the basketball board is just you taking a break and giving the new mods some space, not something to expect long term. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...