Tyra Buss LEADS IU Women to 72 to 54 POUNDING of pee yew women !!

with 19 points and NINE ASSISTS As she adds to her ALL Time Career Scoring lead for IU Women's Basketball  !!(, BREAKING  Denise Jackson's 1,917 points TOTAL set in 1983-1984 !!  )    No matter where the Lady Hoosiers end up record wise  , that is SOMETHING BIG that HAS HAPPENED this season  ( Along with THUMPING pee yew ,VBG!!! Go Tyra-- Go Lady Hoosiers !!                 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tyra only scored 8 points in last night's 68 to 46 thumping handed to our Lady Hoosiers !! Looking at the current B10 standings for WOMEN , I see the chances for wins in the Big Ten  [this season] as very slim !! Northwestern is only 7 & 8  [ IU Women are 7 & 7 ] pee yew hogettes are only 9 & 6 [ Can we steal a win in Bloomington ? ] Wisconsin is also 7 & 7 , Illinois is 9 & 6 , Penn State is 9 & 5 and Nebraska is 9 & 5 -BUT-they looked very good versus the Lady Bucknuts  last night  !! All the rest of the B10 are::::::::::::::::::: IOWA 13 & 1 , Rutgers 13 & 2 , Maryland 12 & 2 , Michigan 12 & 2 , Minnesota 12 & 2 , Michigan State 11 & 3 , and Ohio State 12 & 2 !! I don't see IU as having much chance at all against those top 7 teams in the B10  ( This Season) !! Maybe a chance for a win or two versus the other 6 teams that are in the bottom half of the B10 with IU !! Only time will tell !!

In the Lady Hoosiers last game at OHIO STATE , IU was trailing 32 to 13 at the end of the first Quarter !1 I thought that the Lady Hoosiers were going to get blistered by 30 mpoints or more after that first quarter on NATIONAL TV !! Quoting one Lee Corso " Not so fast" ! The Lady hoosiers outplayed and outscored the Lady Buckeyes 58 to 53 over the FINAL THREE QUARTERS !! Tyra Buss scored 24 Big points and now only needs 14 pooints at Penn State Thursday , January 4, 2018 , to become the ALL-Time Leading scorer at IU in Women' Basketball !! Also in the OHIO STATE game .Kim Royster [ who's from OHIO] poured in 22 POINTS !! Penn added 10 pts , Cahill 6 , Yeaney 5 and Warthen 3 pts. !! I Feel like this MIGHT be a Growing up point for the Lady Hoosiers ! It surely was a big boost to team confidence in the way they played over the final 3 quarters versus the Lady Buckeyes !! Ohio State was 13 & 2 after this game while the Lady Hoosiers fell to 7 & 8 .

Tyra Buss poured in 22 POINTS in IU's TOUGH 77 to 74 loss at PENN STATE !! She was followe in scoring by : Amanda Cahil 21 pts. & 12 Boards . Kim Royster 9 pts. & 7 Boards , PENN , YEANEY , & Warthen all added 4 pts . WICKWARE had 3 pts & Marchese closed out the scoring with 2 pts. !1 Next UP ?? the pee yew hogettes Tomorrow -Jan. 6 , 2018 !1 Beat those female smellermakers !!!

Here is the rest of IU Women's stats vs. pee yew !! Kim Royster had 19 pts & 6 reb. , Amanda Cahill had 16 pts & 6 reb. , Jaelynn Penn had 9 pts & 4 reb. , Linda Marchese had 4 pts. & 3 reb , Bendu Yeaney had 2 pts & FIVE reb and Warthen added 1 pt. !!  The IU Women picked up a MUCH need POINT in this season's Crimson/Gold CUP as a result of the BUTT Whipping IU  gave pee yew , VBG !!

1 hour ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Here is the rest of IU Women's stats vs. pee yew !! Kim Royster had 19 pts & 6 reb. , Amanda Cahill had 16 pts & 6 reb. , Jaelynn Penn had 9 pts & 4 reb. , Linda Marchese had 4 pts. & 3 reb , Bendu Yeaney had 2 pts & FIVE reb and Warthen added 1 pt. !!  The IU Women picked up a MUCH need POINT in this season's Crimson/Gold CUP as a result of the BUTT Whipping IU  gave pee yew , VBG !!

I think the game was only worth 1/2 a point since they play twice this year.  Nice win though.  

• 2 weeks later...

After a heartbreaking 74 to 70 loss at #14 Maryland , the shorthanded in both numbers and experience , fall to 8 & 12 0n the season !! I still give KUDOS to Coach Morin , her staff , and the Indiana University Women's basketball PLAYERS for the hard  FIGHT they put on the floor game after game !! Don't ever give up !! The future is in good hands for the IU Women's basketball program !!

The Lady Hoosiers bounced back with a ROAD WIN AT Michigan State , who went into the game with IU with a conference mark of 4 & 2 and an overall mark of 14 & 5 while the lady Hoosiers  went into the game with a conference mark of only 1 & 6 and an overall mark of 8 & 12 !! YET , The Lady Hoosiers TRIUMPHED 69 to 65 !!  Tyra Buss again led the way with 28 pts. , 7 assists & 5 reb. , Amanda Cahill added 17 pts. ,9 reb. , & 3 ass. , Jaelynn Penn added 13 pts. ,4 reb. & 1 ass.  , Bendu Yeaney added 3 pts. , 5 reb. & 2 ass. , Warthen added 1 pt. to round out the scoring !! A great ROAD WIN for The LADY HOOSIERS !! Next up :: Home game wirth 1 & 7 Wisconsin [8 & 13 overall ] This is  a game the Lady Hoosiers should WIN !!! Then they have a home game with RUTGERS before home  games with Northwestern & Illinois [both winnable games] before the rematch with pee yew at pee yew !!!  All FOUR of IU's next games are HOME GAMES !! P.S. IU is 5 & 5 at home while Wisconsin is 1 & 6 on the road , Rutgers is 4 & 2 on the road , Northwestern is 3 & 5 on the road , and Illinois is 1 & 6 on the road !! The schedule looks good for at least 3 Wins in the next 4 games !!!  

The Lady Hoosiers are now riding a THREE GAME WINNING STREAK !!!!!After beat Rutgers , who are now 17 & 6 overall on the season !! IU's women are now 11 & 12 overall and 4 & 6 in Conference play !!

Here is the current averages for OUR Lady Hoosiers !!

Tyra Buss 19.9 , Amanda Cahill 14.4 , Kim Royster 10.8 , Jaelynn Penn ,10.1 , Bendu Yeaney 7.6 , Keyanna Warthen 2.6 , Linsey Marchese 1.7 , Bre Wickware 1.4 , Alexis Johnson .7 , and walkon Grace Withrow 0.0 !! Hopefully , we will only lose Buss and Cahill !! With the 2 TRANSFERS now sitting out this season aaaand the # 13 rated RECRUITING Class coming in for the 2018-2019 season , I'm looking for the IU Women to make the Big Dance next season !! 

3 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

The Lady Hoosiers are now riding a THREE GAME WINNING STREAK !!!!!After beat Rutgers , who are now 17 & 6 overall on the season !! IU's women are now 11 & 12 overall and 4 & 6 in Conference play !!

Thanks HTD...beating Rutgers is no small feat. Looks like the lady Hoosiers are definitely getting a lot better as the season progresses.  Probably has a lot to do with a ton of youth in critical positions. Buss & Cahill can only do so much by themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

The Lady Hoosiers are riding a 5 game winning streak after beating  Illinois 70 to 54 !! Buss was only the 3rd. leading scorer in this game with 16 pts. & 6 rebounds !1 Amanda Cahill had 20 pts & 6  boards , Kim Royster had 19 pts & 6 boards ,Yeaney had 9 pts. & 4 boards  and Penn had 6 pts & 6 boards !! Next up is tomorrow night , Monday , February 12 , 2018 at pee yew !! Unfortunately , my crystal ball says :: turdue 70 IU 65 !! ( I hope that damn crystal ball is wrong ,wrong , wrong ) !! This game will be TELEVISED ON THE BIG TEN NETWORK !!! Go Lady Hoosiers , prove that damned Crystal Ball WRONG !!

On 2/11/2018 at 3:04 PM, hoosiertildeath said:

FKLM01 :: I hope that you are CORRECT !!

I can't believe you ever doubted Carnac the Magnificent. :P

Seems like both the men's & women's basketball program on a similar trajectory, although I think the women's trajectory is even steeper.  They are really getting it done now.

22 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

44 points? Guess the shots just weren't falling for the Lady Smellermakers tonight.

No way the defense had anything to do with it.

BTW...I crack up every time I see another member say "Smellermakers".  Eventually, HTD will have his own Wiki entry for that one.

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

First time since 1985 that Iu swept Purdue in women’s basketball. Hopefully it gets Versyp fired. 

I just find the travels of Versyp and Moren through and about Indiana and Indiana University as well as Purdue..... very interesting.  As they say.... "you could not write a book about this."

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

No way the defense had anything to do with it.

BTW...I crack up every time I see another member say "Smellermakers".  Eventually, HTD will have his own Wiki entry for that one.

It always cracked me up when he used the phrase "TOP OF THE WORLD, MA!" even if it was in reference to Crean beating back to back cupcakes.

Archived