What would you consider a success?

KoB2011

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How I have been looking at things is in a normal year with 4 more non conference games.  I think we would have 4 more wins and right now we would be 15-8.  So with that record we would be alot better shape for the tournament.  I do this because 11-8 doesn't sound good but looking at this way makes you know what our record would normally be.

For the rest of this year I want to at least finish .500 on conference and win a game in the BTT.  I want to make the tournament and win one game.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Meant Sweet 16s.  Opps.  Whenever I think of UCLA I remember Howland being fired after taking them to 3 straight FFs.  And Alford being fired after getting them to 3 Sweet 16s yet the jackasses on ESPN called us nut jobs for firing Crean.

I guarantee if we fired Archie Miller after a tournament appearance, some jackwagon would be critical of IU for firing a coach who made the tournament. It's crazy how those morons act like we shouldn't strive to be any better. 

What I want to see:

1) Finish in the top half of the conference. No worse than a 7 seed in the BTT.

2) Win at least one game in the BTT (just one freaking game...seriously).

3) Win at least one game in the NCAAT. 

4) Don't end the season with a blowout loss. 

March is where coaches earn their salaries. Archie Miller HAS to show us something in March. 

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How I have been looking at things is in a normal year with 4 more non conference games.  I think we would have 4 more wins and right now we would be 15-8.  So with that record we would be alot better shape for the tournament.  I do this because 11-8 doesn't sound good but looking at this way makes you know what our record would normally be.

For the rest of this year I want to at least finish .500 on conference and win a game in the BTT.  I want to make the tournament and win one game.

I am a tad tired of this "normal year" hocus pocus.  We are where we are just like every other school out there.  We deal with it just like they do.  Put the "Jeanie Bottle" away.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I am a tad tired of this "normal year" hocus pocus.  We are where we are just like every other school out there.  We deal with it just like they do.  Put the "Jeanie Bottle" away.

Just saying that with 4 more wins the record would look differently.  Those 4 games would probably be gimme wins

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just saying that with 4 more wins the record would look differently.  Those 4 games would probably be gimme wins

I suppose UK, Duke, and Sparty could say that as well.  We are in the same situation as everyone else.  Back to the OP.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

At one point last year, we were 15-4 and still weren't ranked. The perception of us is that we play ugly basketball and struggle to win most of our games. I don't think adding 4 gimme wins would convince anyone we were actually good. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I guarantee if we fired Archie Miller after a tournament appearance, some jackwagon would be critical of IU for firing a coach who made the tournament. It's crazy how those morons act like we shouldn't strive to be any better. 

You can disagree with someone's position without calling them a 'moron'.  Yes?

It's crazy how those morons some fans act like we shouldn't strive to be any better.

Doesn't that make for better conversation?

Really, all I'm asking is 3-3 the rest of the way if we don't make up games.  I guess 4-4 if we do.  I think that would get us in the tourney regardless of who the wins and losses were.  I guess if we do that and don't get in, then that's not enough.  If we at least get in, then have a markedly better season next year, there's reason to be excited.  

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

Some on here already count him in 2 classes so this is believable.

Semantics...

Khristian either made this year's class much stronger, or next year's class weaker. BUT he WAS the #1 target for 21, regardless.

We just got a bargain on a free year...

Archived